PDA

View Full Version : Help with deselecting an axis

ribeka
12-05-2006, 02:46 AM
I'm new to c4d and have no clue how to deselect an axis. can anyone help me?

moka.studio
12-06-2006, 08:09 AM
sorry but what do you mean by deselecting an axis?

Srek
12-06-2006, 04:32 PM
An axis is only representing the orientation and position of an object or group of selected objects/elements. The axis itself can neither be selected or deselected, only the objects or elements can. To add or subtract to a selection use the Ctrl key while klicking on the object/element. General deselction is usualy done by clicking in an empty area.
Cheers
Björn

ribeka
12-06-2006, 08:29 PM
i was following this tutorial - http://www.designertoday.com/Tutorials/Cinema.4D/1679/Character.Creation.Cinema.4D.XL.v.6.Tutorial.Part.1.aspx

about half way down it says "Then go to top view and with the live selection tool "Only select visible elements" unchecked select all corners then use the scale tool with the Y axis deselected to round off the cube. This will be the body's torso."

So i don't understand how to do the bit where they to have y axis deselected and what they mean by it.

prs
12-07-2006, 12:50 PM
The x, y and z buttons in the toolbar on top of the screen enables and disables specific axii.

You can also enable axis bands in the viewport configuration or even just hover over the axis you want temporarily disabled and hold down shift while clicking the axis. Hold down the mouse button and release shift to start moving/scaling/rotating in the opposing axis plane.

moka.studio
12-07-2006, 01:11 PM
there are big X Y Z buttons towards the top of the screen. These toggle on -off the specific axis.
or in a 3d view you can press shift and hover over an axis. It will turn gray and if you now select it only the other 2 axis will be used.

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2006, 01:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.