PDA

View Full Version : Actor activate

magilla
12-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Howdy,
I'm having a problem during setting up an actor's t-pose to a marker set whereby the actor gets out of alignment when clicking the activate button. If I click the snap first (to calculate the offsets) the actor pops into a foetal position and is therefore out of alignment with the marker set.

any suggestions greatly appreciated

==magilla

xcomb
12-05-2006, 11:55 AM
I've had that happened when you moved some actor parts not scaled, but moved.
One more thing that may affect this, is that you have less optical date to be able to bind to.
So try one more time, make sure you only rotate some parts of the Actor, you can move the root, it should effect.

Favian001
12-07-2006, 09:55 PM
doing this:

click snap after your done setting up the markerset, should be active and character out of alignment. click onto empty space(ex. black background) so nothing is selected.

Double click "Oriented" and click on o.k.

deselect shoulders and knuckles L&R ( IK doesnt involve these )

MarkerSet complete for actor.

magilla
12-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Yep, that works for the initial position - but the little white markers are not aligned to the blue markers. Therefore when we load another trc take the actor just explodes.

also - I'm not sure what you mean by this:
deselect shoulders and knuckles L&R ( IK doesnt involve these )

could you please explain what this means?

==magilla

Favian001
12-11-2006, 03:29 PM
"also - I'm not sure what you mean by this:
deselect shoulders and knuckles L&R ( IK doesnt involve these )"

in your marker set select the hand. on the hand there is a left knuckle. deselect it (turn it off). same for shoulders. you are using IK I assume?

try resizing the actor to the markers.from my experience you might have to use a new marker set each time...although you can save them, it just never works out right for me.

is your actor in a "T" stance and not all bunched up after doing the above? If not your skipping
"click snap after your done setting up the markerset, should be active and character out of alignment. click onto empty space(ex. black background) so nothing is selected.

Double click "Oriented" and click on o.k."

magilla
12-11-2006, 10:57 PM
There is no ik - this is trc mocap data from Motion analysis.

The actor is in the correct position after snap and orient - however, the white markers are not aligned with the blue markers. When we load a subsequent motion (using import>merge) the best result we've had is the actor's body and legs have followed the motion but have not been correct and the arms are completely out of whack.

==magilla

Favian001
12-12-2006, 03:44 PM
I understand you have raw data that you are trying to convert to .fbx. when your setting things up, your setting up a rig via the actor, right? I'm saying since using IK in MB is typical, to unlock or deselect these joints/markers they will make things look more natural and have better results. your choice dude.
As for the markers aligning correctly, I just followed what I think your procedure is and had some good results. I just readjusted the white markers to the correct joints. I go about it a different way, making sure everything is correct when I start the raw data capture. I hope this helps.

magilla
12-14-2006, 03:43 AM
dude - it's like I've got Motion Builder Dyslexia. I'm trying hard to figure this stuff out but nothing is working. MA is recommending we use their htr importer as an alternative so I'm going to leave this thread hanging for the moment.

thank you for the responses

=magilla

Favian001
12-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Good luck with the issue. let me know what happens.

magilla
03-22-2007, 01:29 AM
So we finally got a reason why this wasn't working.

The marker sets we had from a previous project no longer worked when applying it to this project. It was simply a matter of removing some markers and redirecting others to different body parts. For example, the heel, midfoot and toe all get lumped into the midfoot slot

Ren0
05-10-2007, 01:39 PM
So we finally got a reason why this wasn't working.

The marker sets we had from a previous project no longer worked when applying it to this project. It was simply a matter of removing some markers and redirecting others to different body parts. For example, the heel, midfoot and toe all get lumped into the midfoot slot

How did you figured that? Why all your markers should go to the midfoot?

magilla
05-11-2007, 12:27 AM
We didn't figure it actally - The motion builder guys finally responded to our problem with the "sheesh you guys must be eeediots" tone. Like we should know instinctively that this is the way it has to be done.

I have no idea why it had to be set up this way - and they didn't explain - but it did fix the problem and I'm grateful to them for finding the solution because it was really killing us not being able to transfer the data to the actor. We have done several mocap shoots since then - none of which have had the same problem. We seem to be able to allocate relevant markers to the nodes with good results. Although, we do have recurring problems with bicep markers - so even though we continue to cature the data we rarely allocate them during the solve.

==magilla

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2007, 12:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.