PDA

View Full Version : Hardcoded icons

JFFORTIN
12-04-2006, 11:57 PM
is there anyway to list those hardocded icons i tried with a recursive function but it doesnt work at all...anyone have a special trick to list those xpm
Cheers

brubin
12-05-2006, 11:02 AM
they are inside one of the .dll's that come w/ maya. i can't remember how i came across it, but it was a tutorial on how to exchange the image of the openerscreen.

come to think of it, now w/ the esoteric autodesk-*BS* they used for maya8 it'd be a good idea to look that up again...! i'm not so sure about the red icons either, kinda liked the old "M". ;)

anyways,
my advice for you would be to google for "maya change open image" or something like that; if you find the right one it will explain the use of some easy to find tool which opens the DLL and makes it possible to change the image. i guess you can also find out about all the built-in icons.

because NO:
there's no command in maya that let's you comprehensively read out names and count of these icons.
tried that,
never worked,
and w/ every new may version you start over...
(bummer!)

HIH
s.

JFFORTIN
12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
yeah thats why i was trying to find a way to read those it sucks to have to update ur array with every new icons on newer version.
Well i guess i wont have choice to go back on the old way :(
thx anyway

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.