PDA

View Full Version : First showreel!

Velarion
12-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi again people,so here's my very first showreel.I didn't make lot camera mapping,only some tricks on Combustion but I really need your critics and suggestions for the better showreel2 version.Thanks:beer:
http://velarion.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Kutkin
12-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Hi Ismail!

Very cool!! Great job!
May ask you a question? How did you do those amazing clouds on the beginning? You also have some great clouds in your images... how do you do it? Some custom brushes or extracting clouds from photos and adjusting?

good work and thanks

cheers, Pavel

Velarion
12-04-2006, 09:25 PM
thanks pavel:) I am a big chaotic cloud fan:) the clouds which are on the begining of the video is a real footage I found from an archive of my friend.The serie called Artbeat I think it's sold on net like textures.And for the clouds on the paintings, whenever I go out I definitely take my camera with me and take lots of photos.I have thousands of cloud photos and with a little painting over,I create them:)

JJASSO
12-05-2006, 05:21 AM
very nice Velarion some great stuff in there, also the resolution is just perfect , very clean, , the start and final graphcis are really good, nice join of good matte paintings

Velarion
12-05-2006, 12:28 PM
ah thanks.I want to know more about camera mapping now.glad you like it:)

everlite
12-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Hey Mate, looking nice. A few thoughts spring to mind, you have a few pieces that are weaker than others (not bad - just weaker :-) also maybe a tad too long, not sure, just a gut feeling. And the bird, you really love that bird :) not sure if it should be used so frequently.

The stealth is nice, though would this have a distorted effect from behind? not sure?

Please don't take these as negative thoughts, only constructive observations for the next time you update.

Might also be nice if possible to see some live actions plate compositions with mattes, something i'm doing at the moment is taking video shots of my home city from different points down town and adding set extensions and matte backdrops etc ... might a nice avenue to consider.

Cool intro!

I think camera projection techniques is something we all need to learn a little about, i'm struggling with the idea of projecting from one camera to another. Maybe James should give us a master class ;-)

Overall a nice all round presentation of your work but could be refined a little.

Keep it up.:thumbsup:

Cheers - Dave.

Velarion
12-08-2006, 07:23 PM
thank you David for the advices and yes you are right about the bird thing haha:) I'll be careful about the points you mentioned.thanks again:)

Matellis
01-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey Ismail!

Good to see you completed your reel and its really good too! hope to see you in the next challenge bro!

Cheers

Velarion
01-08-2007, 05:06 AM
thanks Matt!:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2007, 05:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.