PDA

View Full Version : female_portrait

dim5um
03-23-2002, 06:39 PM
after further reflect on myself and the good comments that you guys gave me, i've decided to do go back to basics.... well.....still trying...lol ok ... heres a female portrait drawing i did...im gonna paint it... which will mark my first painting of portrait in photoshop.....also the only programme im using....im just gonna use brush.. no effects..... well before i go on painting or while im still painting, do give some comments =] well for my character that i design, im still working on the knight and baby.... [for those who has seen my thread on the previous one will know] i have put in form for those two characters and im not gonna give up on them =] hope i can finsih my characters by next weekend and probably show you guys...........

well , heres the pic

=]

Dequami
03-23-2002, 09:13 PM
That's a really nice picture!

I'm not sure how good my eye is for crit, but I'll give it a try.

The left side of the face, close to the chin, needs to match the right a little better. and the neck seem to get thinner the futher down it goes I think it should spread out toward the shoulders. That's all I can see.

The hair is really nice and the detail in the lips.

I hope that helps a bit. I'm looking foward to the the colored version

dim5um
03-24-2002, 05:49 AM
1 reply and some 40 views....is it really that bad that only one person is replying? does that mean i shouldnt even paint this work out? thanks for the critic Dequami... the neck was done on purpose to narrow in while the face on the other hand.....hmm..... cant do anything now since its done.... k i will work on face porportions better next time when i work on another upcoming personal work.........

heres a first phrase of my first ever cg_painting comments will really help me get into doing it........... really hope to see more replyz

Verminator
03-24-2002, 07:13 AM
The features on the second pic are much better. Very nice sillouette on that one. Should turn out nicely.

dim5um
03-24-2002, 12:56 PM
ok...thanks for the comment really hope to have more comments... come on guys... my first cg painting......(ome on come on come on)
heres the 2nd phrase

dtek8
03-24-2002, 07:42 PM
hay odin,, howz it going nice to see more of your stuff,,

looks good! nice one! the only thing in my personal opinion anyway,, regarding the first pencil drawing is "loosen up" do not draw so tightly,,

in the second painting again the above applies,, and also there is a sort of rule in painting that says dont use black as it dirtys the color,, also if u look at things in the real world u will see that black is never really there,, as black reflects other colors,, ,,, same with white!!!

ok i have loads of my work to do hope this helps,, :) :)

dtek:)

dim5um
03-24-2002, 09:52 PM
hey thanks for the comment dtek8

hoped you had explained more on the black and white theory....well im really damn packed in my own stuff , my 2d and 3d animation project....just too packed paint it but im not gonna give up....

hey i agree with you on loosing up my line... that i find is a problem...but i will work on it..... the one thing that borders me alot is the fact that i wanted to be able to paint this piece of painting more daring...in the sense that i use less color to merge them together and have more empty spaces and big variation of the tone and color....

well hoped i can finish it soon.. the rate im going is like going on a non-stop production process..... lol thanks for all you guys taking your time...

i will put up the final work by hopefully 26th or 27th of march

hope you guys looked forward to it?...im also looking forward to it in marking my first cg_painting lol

dim5um
03-25-2002, 07:54 PM
ok ladies and gentleman..... finsihed the painting.....actually i sort of dunno how to continue man...... finsihed much more earlier than i expected......ok now...heres what you guys need to do

cOmmEnt on it.... as this is my first try ..please gimme some real feed back as whether its good or bad or what ever...

its done in photoshop with just brush....plain brush

nop no effects and filters... done in mouse...[kinda slow though.....and time wasting]

Korgath
03-26-2002, 12:18 AM
Nice image! Were you using a reference picture or painted it without?

The only flaw I see, is that the right ear looks kinda strange..:confused:

Might just be me, though... Good work!

dim5um
03-26-2002, 10:50 AM
yar the ear was a mistake....i actually lost the original picture....hahahha so i had to paint it with another real life reference.....but anyway with or without the original picture, its just my own lack of ability to paint my own drawing and work on it.....but im gonna work more on this kinda stuff...

=] thanks for the comments

hope i had time to do more other stuffs....

Dequami
03-29-2002, 10:43 PM
It's been a while seen i took a thorough look around the forum.

Your colored versions turned out quite nicely. I really like the coloring around the nose area as well as the lips. gives it good depth. The only thing I'd would say is there could be more contrast. I really wouldn't know how to go about that though. I'm still learning myself, hehe. Great pic though. Hope to see more soon.

dim5um
03-29-2002, 11:20 PM
oh this is really a surprised...didnt really thought anyone will critic on this again....since theres no replyz for almost a few days... thanks for the critic Dequami ... yup the contrast... will try and work on it on my next work...which is the cat....that i posted.... =] thanks for the comment

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.