PDA

View Full Version : projecting a texture

LecturerAlan
12-04-2006, 07:40 AM
Ho

This is a real no brainer(so what does that make me ?), I am trying to project a texture on to one side of an aftershave bottle, very simple a know, but I cannot stop that darn thang from being repeated on to the other side of the bottle, in fact on the inside and outside of each surface(x4)

if anyone could assist I would be very happy.

Leccyalan

Emil3d
12-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Uncheck Wrap in the Effects section of the projection node to limit the texture coverage to the 3D placement manipulator. Then in the Color Balance section of the projection node assign a desired color or drop a material, texture, etc., on the Default color attribute

LecturerAlan
12-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Hi
thanks, I was going down the layered shader route with a phong (glas,) in the back and a lambert(label) carrying the texture, would you have another method for arranging the elements ?
And in what order would you apply the planar projection tool ?

many thanks for your answewr (s),

Emil3d
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
...I am trying to project a texture ...
… And in what order would you apply the planar projection tool ? Hi LecturerAlan.
To avoid confusion, and get help more efficiently, try to use exact Maya terminology. There is no such thing as “planar projection tool” in any command, menu, or the documentation. When you say “project a texture” that means that you have the “As Projection” radial button checked in the Create tab in Hypershade or the Render Node window.

Now I’m not sure if you are talking about texture projection or UV mapping projection. Please specify.

What I suggested is valid for a texture that was applied as projection regardless of the material being a layer in a layered shader.

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.