PDA

View Full Version : Architecture/Waterfalls

Drag-N
12-04-2006, 07:35 AM
I really wanna know how to make architecture on Vue (you know, like Thomas Krahn: thomaskrahn.com). Is there any tutorials and/or videos I can download/buy? Usually when you see a tutorial on the internet, they tell you how to put together an entire scene, but there is no tutorial covering the single elements of those scenes.

I mainly wanna learn to make:
Buildings
Fountains
Waterfalls
Fences (in some angles, alpha panels doesn't work)

Drag-N
12-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Doesn't anybody know about any tutorials on this?

I also wan't to add another thing to this:
Rivers...

assistant pimp
12-06-2006, 05:09 PM
From what I can gather is you dont really model those types of object in Vue (buildings and such). You model them in your host app (Lightwave, 3d studio, maya.....) Then sync those objects in Vue and add your vegetation. You can buy ready made models or make your own. But not in vue. Vue is primarily for atmospheres and environments

Drag-N
12-06-2006, 07:59 PM
I have seen some tutorials showing that you can make the foundations for various structures using boolean objects (for instance, thomaskrahn.com). The only thing they don't make there are windows, doors and so on. So, I know it's possible (maybe not fountains), but the hard part for me is the texturing.

And, even if it wasen't possible, what about rivers and waterfalls? Aren't these aspects of landscapes?

Megalodon
12-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Check out www.renderosity.com (http://www.renderosity.com/) and go to the VUE forum. They have quite a few tutorials and should be able to help there.

Megalodon

Drag-N
12-12-2006, 11:43 AM
All right, it looks decent, but I give it. Now I know how to model architecture, but what I wanted the most was a tutorial on how to make a decent waterfall. I didn't think it would be hard since water is a natural element.

I think I'll start matte painting instead. Then, I can blend objects from different 3D software.

marcovth
12-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Architectures can be created with SketchUp 5.

Cornucopia 3d is selling waterfalls.

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/purchase.php?item_id=2364

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/download/store/PictureFiles/Objects/Water/Waterfalls/SmoothRockCascade1_10_0_img.jpg

Blaine91555
12-13-2006, 04:04 AM
You can create many things with the terrain editor. waterfalls is a good example. You can make the alpha's in PS or paint them within the editor. It is helpful to know which Vue you have? For modeling get a copy of Wings 3D (free download). Just type Wings 3D into a search engine and you will find it. Also Blender is free. Both are very feature rich modeling programs. You will find Wings 3D to be the easiest to learn and use but Blender is a full package a little like Lightwave.

The materials is a whole other subject. You should go over the documentation about the editor. One good way to get started creating mat's is to open stock materials and see how they were constructed. E-on's website has links to other places to look for tut's as well.

If you do not want to learn modeling (high learning curve and time consuming) Daz has many premade models cheap and a free program similar to Poser for posing them. If you get Poser Vue will import the files and is built to be compatible.

I'll post something as an example later tonight. I'm at work right now.

Have fun learning Vue it will get you hooked.

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2006, 04:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.