PDA

View Full Version : Willy Wonka Acting clip

airdogg01
12-04-2006, 02:10 AM
Hey guys, I started workign on a brief acting exercise today and got it all roughed in, but I'm in need of critique to see where to take it from here as I press on. Any feedback would be welcome. Its my first time working with generi, and I'm having fun so far. No finger animation yet, but I'll post again once I put that in and get some feedback. Thanks all!
-Aaron

www.aaronmcgriff.com/good_day_sir_wip_01.avi (http://www.aaronmcgriff.com/good_day_sir_wip_01.avi)

anthonymcgrath
12-04-2006, 09:24 AM
great work and classic sound clip to work to too :)

jigsawe
12-04-2006, 10:01 AM
i think all the 3 main poses ( nothing, lose, good day) all have the same amount of energy. i think u need to have an arc in the poses. i think about what the main point of the guy is. what part is he eccentuating? u get nothing? or u lose?

that will help on differing the eye direction and make him look like he is thinking. he also seems stuck on the ground.

airdogg01
12-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey thanks for the crits guys. Keep em coming. I think I'm gonna chance the middle key pose perhaps to help with varying the intensity, as well as move his feet around a bit and shift the weight, instead of just moving them at the end so he doesnt seem stuck on the ground. Thanks again guys. Hopefully I'll post some updates in a couple days.
-Aaron

neonoodle
12-04-2006, 10:21 PM
I think you could move the extreme anticipation of the "Nothing" pose a few frames forward to before he says it, and hold it there. Then maybe have the arm swinging action end on nothing so the action actually happens before the words, and you could emphasize the face on that a bit more.

airdogg01
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey, its good to hear from you David, and thats a great tip. Always nice to get feedback from a fellow SCAD grad. How are things out at XLT. Tell Tracy James I said hey! I'll hopefully post a revision in a cuple days. Things got busy at work! Keep the crits coming guys!
-Aaron

Amit_S
12-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Hey Aaron!

Nice work!
I'm a newbie in the animation department - and havent done any lip sync at all.
All that stuff about eccentuating a part while downplaying the others, wt shifts, anticipation etc...cool! Its one thing to read a principle and see an example. But seeing something 1st and then seeing all that stuff being applied- freezing cool;)
Thanks to aaron, jigsawe, neonoodle:)

bstout
12-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Hey Amit_s, glad the process ispired you, and again, thanks guys for commenting. Here, as promised is an update. I still havent gotten around to putting in the fingers, but I heeded many of the critiques, including many from my good buddy Kyle Mohr over at Framestore in NYC. Give it a look. I'm not happy yet with the part right after "YOU LOSE." I meant to make it a bit snappier and allow for a bit of acting time in the hold following that, but I think its a lottle too poppy right now. And new crits are more than welcomed. Thanks all,

www.aaronmcgriff.com/good_day_sir_wip_03.avi

-Aaron

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2006, 04:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.