PDA

View Full Version : First Good Character

saxofoner
12-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Good day everyone. This is my first post here on CGTalk. I frequent the Blender Artists forum, since I like Blender, and can't afford anything better. I've been using Blender for about... 1 and half years, always have loved art, and worked with other software in the past. I like Blender. I find it to be quite excellent software.

This is my latest work. First "well-made" character, most of my work has been doodles. I have plans for actual short "animations" this was more of just a rig test, playing around with the animation tools I've given this guy. Lemme go grab the link... Ah yes.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8020552695251080252&q=harold+jumps

There it is! I hope I am able to be a helpful, contributing member of these forums, and that you all will be able to help me improve my work. Thank you very much.

Ridley
12-09-2006, 12:23 PM
It's nice. I like the movements, seems good. Smooth it out a bit, place something around and show it back to us.

Keep up ;)

Giacomo

saxofoner
12-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Thank you very much for responding! I was beginning to lose hope, unless I posted some new stuff on that thread. I just started work on an actual animation, (w/ a story) very short, with this character. It'll be a lot of work, so I'll probably post screenshots until it's done. Last night I modeled a gun for the main character. I think it's a pretty clever little story board I've got.

:arteest: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

I'll be back!

.sax

Amit_S
12-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Welcome saxofoner:)
I'm kindda a newbie like u ..

I liked your head model.
About ur jump: hmm... I cant make it out....
how about just a jump video ? All that zoom in/out makes it difficult to point out mistakes.

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2006, 12:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.