PDA

View Full Version : Multilayer Selection

Pharaun
02-13-2003, 02:06 PM
My problem is, as the subject says, how to do a multilayer selection, like selecting a whole image which is composed of more layers. Any suggestions?

EricChadwick
02-13-2003, 03:31 PM
What do you mean exactly?

Do you want to make a new selection that is a combination of all the layers' individual selections? Do you want to transform multiple layers at once? Do you want to organize layers?

Pharaun
02-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Actually, I wanted to select a part of my image and save that part as another image.

EricChadwick
02-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Make a new layer, hold Ctrl and Alt keys while you choose Merge Visible from the > button in the Layers palette. This will merge all visible layers into one new layer, (Ctrl+Alt preserves the existing layers). Then select what you want to copy, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-N, Ctrl-P.

Is this it?

Pharaun
02-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Yeah, thanks dude. It worked pretty well. :D

dg
02-13-2003, 09:05 PM
You can also do that by duplicating the whole image that you are working on, by selecting in the menu -- Image --> Duplicate, give a name to the new file and and them delete the layer that you don't want.

To delete a whole buch of layer in a quickier way, link them go to the litlle triangle in the right top corner of the layer box and select "Create Set From Linked" and them delete the folder PS will ask if you want to delete just the set or the set and contents, select set and contents.

See Ya!

VestanPance
02-13-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by posm
Make a new layer, hold Ctrl and Alt keys while you choose Merge Visible from the > button in the Layers palette. This will merge all visible layers into one new layer, (Ctrl+Alt preserves the existing layers). Then select what you want to copy, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-N, Ctrl-P.

Is this it?

Hmmm...I can seem to do this while just holding down the alt kay and then merging visible. V7.

dg
02-14-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by VestanPance
Hmmm...I can seem to do this while just holding down the alt key and then merging visible. V7.

Yeah!

Alt key and Ctrl+E Rox! :)

EricChadwick
02-14-2003, 01:35 PM
Vestanpants. Read my tip again, you left out the Ctrl key. Another way... press all four keys together: Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E. Does the same thing, without having to mouse over to Merge Visible.

Thanks diogo for the E shortcut... prompted me to take a closer look at the Layers shortcuts in the help file. Tons of stuff in there.

dg
02-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Hey m8,

Shortcuts are great, and cuts off a lot of mouse dirty work, also play with Actions in Phtoshop they are awsome and cuts off a lot of repetitive work.
I have done a set of actions to work with DV standarts between PS7 and After Effects, if you play with video take a look at this action http://planeta.terra.com.br/arte/dgmedia/DVShortHand.exe and let me know what you think. (use it in button mode in PS7 action pallete)

Thanks,
See Ya!

Or use this link ¬
"http://planeta.terra.com.br/arte/dgmedia/DVShortHand.exe"

EricChadwick
02-14-2003, 02:23 PM
Umm, could you post it as a ZIP instead? Don't like executables much. Anyhow it appears the link is bad.

" Fora do ar

Esta página está fora do ar
Provavelmente, o autor do site ainda não fez a publicação das páginas nos nossos servidores.
Tente novamente outra hora."

dg
02-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Sorry for that, will give you the link for the *.atn insted, ready to load in PS7
Try this
http://planeta.terra.com.br/arte/dgmedia/DG_Video_ShortHand_PS7.atn
If doesn't work copy and paste this one without the quotes in a new window
"http://planeta.terra.com.br/arte/dgmedia/DG_Video_ShortHand_PS7.atn"

I hope this one works!

See Ya!

EricChadwick
02-14-2003, 02:37 PM
These are interesting. A question... is there a special reason why you recorded the width/height in inches instead of pixels? I don't work with DV much anymore, but yes, Actions can be real time-savers.

VestanPance
02-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Vestanpants. Read my tip again, you left out the Ctrl key. Another way... press all four keys together: Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E. Does the same thing, without having to mouse over to Merge Visible.

Thanks diogo for the E shortcut... prompted me to take a closer look at the Layers shortcuts in the help file. Tons of stuff in there.

Posm: Read my response again. I found that I could hit JUST the ALT key and get the same results you mentioned by hitting the ALT + CTRL. One less key press means more time to play!:bounce:

SP

EricChadwick
02-14-2003, 05:02 PM
Oops, my bad, thought it was a typo. Thanks for the tip!

dg
02-14-2003, 09:04 PM
These are interesting. A question... is there a special reason why you recorded the width/height in inches instead of pixels? I don't work with DV much anymore, but yes, Actions can be real time-savers.

I have done using Pixels, there is no reason to use inches for video, but I'll check that, I have many versions of these set and some may have some problems.

VestanPance
02-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Oops, my bad, thought it was a typo. Thanks for the tip!

No problem:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.