PDA

View Full Version : How to make....

Galo
03-23-2002, 03:06 PM
Hi, im bussy on a model in lightwave 7 and its almost finished....i only need the Lips to model..... this is all box modeling but in lightwave with the bandsaw tool he saws the whole head.....how can i model the lips so it wont affect the rest of the head.....only the polys highligted in the pic....

If you dont have the time or dont want to awnser please post tutorial or information links about this.....im only trying to learn aint we all ????

Kind regards,
Galo

fellah
03-23-2002, 04:05 PM
hi,
select the mouth polygons that you wanna model, then go to "Display->Visibility->Hide Unsel" or press the "=".
thats pretty much it, the bandsaw will now only affect the visible polygons.
if you wan't to unhide the polygons, just press the unhide button.

Galo
03-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Thanks m8, but if i do and i press tab it mess up my mesh......how do you connect 2 points with each other ?

i tried to select them both and make it a poly but that wont work well cause it seems they are not a part of the actual mesh then.

and if i press make curve it wont work either.....how can i do this ?

-Galo

Ryu
03-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Or you can use the Knide tool, Maj+ K
and for the use you said, a plugin which is very useful is named edgetool :)
bye,
Ryu.

Galo
03-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Ryu,

where can i find the edge tool ?
is it for LW 7+ ?

Galo
03-23-2002, 05:13 PM
got them :-)

thanks m8

Alkos
03-23-2002, 08:30 PM
you can select your polygon mouth and do a smoothShift. just clic ONE TIME ! nothing change.... I know :) and now select the size tool, active the ActionCenter> Selection, and resize.
Only quad ! :) no bad 3 points polygons.

now you can easily use bandsaw.

if you want use bandsaw only on few polygon with all your object visible, just select your polygon, hit "f" (flip) , use bandsaw et "f" again.

Cman
03-23-2002, 11:17 PM
There's also this:

http://www.m2estudios.com/BandsliceSplash.html

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.