PDA

View Full Version : 10.5 nice renders but slow

koon69
02-13-2003, 02:59 PM
10.5 is looking great! Very stable to!!! What used to knock Hash out in 9.x 10.5 stays up. Yeah! The renders are nice to. I did one that used Multi pass - I think the 9 or 16 setting - and the image was nice but it took like 20+ minutes. Yikes! Just imaging doin a animation like that. Better have a bunch of pc's. Nice improvement. I know its a lot to ask - but can they spped up the render to?

bugzilla
02-13-2003, 03:26 PM
I just uninstalled v10.5 last night. I know it's Beta and all, but scenes that looked awesome in v10 looked so washed out in 10.5 that they were almost unwatchable. I played around with the settings but I kept getting washed out images that took 3 times as long to render as v10.

I went ahead and got my upgrade to v10 because I heard that good things were in store for the renderer. Now I'm worried, but the stability is much, MUCH better than v9.

I still say stability and a renderer are all that AM needs right now. Let's hope they follow the advice that got me kicked off the mailing list a while back and follow Caligaru's lead. Liscence the Lightwave rendering engine and put the R&D work into stability and fixing the features they already have.

Roger Eberhart
02-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Bugzilla,

Caligari has the Lightworks renderer, not the Lightwave renderer.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.