PDA

View Full Version : Right codec for rendering animation

Kerem
12-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Hello friends

I'm working on some animations. I rendered a hires 2 seconds part of it for a test - resolution is 1920*1080 HDTV 29.37 fps. Rendered to QucikTime movie but file size became 620mb and my computer can't playing it !

I guess I should use a different codec. My animations will be edited in After Effects and connected in Final Cut. So, I need to know which codec is right for me ? Hope you guys help out...

Thanks very much in advance...

Kerem

Carpenter
12-03-2006, 04:00 PM
It would be best to render out a sequense of picture files if you are going into AE anyway, that way you do not add any unwanted compression artifacts before you do any work in AE. In AE you have a better assortment of output formats to go to also.

Just my 2 cents.

rich

buttachunk
12-03-2006, 07:07 PM
if you do not want compression, try None16 from digital anarchy. or, for lossless compression, try microcosm from the same company. None16 is free.

or you can try the animation codec in QT.

Kevin Sanderson
12-03-2006, 10:00 PM
You probably will want to render image sequences anyway. If you have a crash (very possible) you can pick up where you left off with an image sequence. You would lose a QT file or AVI file and all associated render files if a crash happened. Used to happen to folks in v5i, happens in other software and probably can still happen in v6i. Rather be safe than sorry.

CGTalk Moderation
12-03-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.