PDA

View Full Version : My Portfolio site questions

artraider
12-03-2006, 08:23 AM
http://www.badgerarmored.net
That is the portfolio site I set up for myself, I was going to add in a unreal or half life 2 level, but I wanted to know what I can do to get the attention of developers more with my site.
Thank you

ArchangelTalon
12-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Not a bad portfolio, but navigation is a little iffy :)

Back buttons on the pages that have large versions of images on them would be nice - currently you have to use your browser's buttons or go all the way through the portfolio again. Even better would be thumbnails of all the images so you could click between then rather than click, back, click, back, click, etc... Also back buttons on the gallery sub-pages in your portfolio.

The easier and faster your work is to browse, the more of your work recruiters will see (and the more they'll be inclined to think favourably of you).

I'd maybe make the bathroom image on the index page a link to the bathroom's gallery page, it'd be a nice way to get people straight into your work.

artraider
12-03-2006, 09:57 AM
I updated my site from your good sugestions =)

Kleptomaniac
12-04-2006, 06:27 AM
Looks good. Maybe smaller preview thumbnails (so you can fit more in without having to scroll down) and bigger full sized images to really show of the detail. Another thing you might want to consider is using javascript or some other code to display the full sized images in fitted popups.

artraider
12-04-2006, 07:14 AM
I didnt know how you do javascript but I can try smaller thumbnails.

artraider
12-04-2006, 08:18 AM
thanks for the sugestion, it works better now

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2006, 08:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.