PDA

View Full Version : A Basic Newbie Question or a Problem!!

ozioz
12-02-2006, 10:08 PM
hi guys;

I have been learning MEL for last three days. I use a PDF tutorial and maya's default Referance Help pages.

Unfortunately; I ran into a problem. I wtyped this little and stupid Script . It worked for first time but When I tried again, It did not. I have tried so many times but All I could got was just Nothing!!! Even though I did not receive any error message!!!

What can have happened??

This is the script that I wanna build:

window -title "Maya Little UI" -widthHeight 300 200;

please write something....

goleafsgo
12-03-2006, 02:39 AM
Is the problem that you want to see the window? After you create a window, with the window command like you have there, you have to actually tell it to become visible.

Just add the line:
showWindow;
and you should see it.

If you are wondering why you need to do this...it is basically to allow you to create a window and then hold off making it visible until you can add all your controls that you will be adding.

ozioz
12-03-2006, 09:16 PM
OK Man!!

I am gonno give it a try and fill you in about what I have had... But let me say that It worked properlly even though I did not type in what you suggested me to type, which is showWindow line. After a couple of tests it started not to show my window.. That is actually what tha the problem was. I thought that it was a problem about Maya not about my script. So whatever tha problem is I will add that little line and see what is gonno change.

See you soo

sturmkim
12-03-2006, 10:59 PM
small if statement will help you out
global proc myWindow()
{
if(`window -q -ex myCustomWin`)
deleteUi myCustomWin; // checking existing window

window -title "Maya Little UI" -widthHeight 300 200 myCustomWin;

showWindow myCustomWin;
}

type myWindow at command line

ozioz
12-03-2006, 11:04 PM
No problem!!

My ingenious Script worked ...

:) Thanks a lot!

nessus
12-05-2006, 06:37 PM
good luck on learning MEL. MEL is fun to learn and use!!

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2006, 06:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.