PDA

View Full Version : Online portfolio

Por@szek
12-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi folks.
Long time no see ;)
Last days I was working hardly on my portfolio. I gather most of my works, and put it on the site, completly redesigned layout and few new parts like tutorials or photography. Hope U like it.
www.abandonedland.net
enjoy

Dupikus
12-02-2006, 04:00 PM
wow! amazing! how did you do that!? you have almost 700 posts :D:D joke
good models, good website, good job :D
and please back to the Forgotten Fountain :D

Dupikus
12-02-2006, 04:00 PM
wow! amazing! how did you do that!? you have almost 700 posts :D:D joke
good models, good website, good job :D
and please back to the Forgotten Fountain :D

dizzyone
12-02-2006, 09:50 PM
nice stuff!

But about the website, I think the colour and especially the size of your text is very painfull to read. For instance the links/extras, altho the paragraphs make it less bad, it still looks a bit monotone and not that easy to read.
Also it took me 2 minutes before I found out the names of your friends were actually links to their site, it might be better if you gave the links the lighter blue color. Just my opinion tho

@dupikus: hah! double posting is a good start ;D

Por@szek
12-03-2006, 05:39 PM
*Dupikus - haha, thx matey. How did i do this? I;m just posting from time to time :P fountain is a past. No way to go back to it.

*dizzyone - thx. I change a color, as u suggest. The menu buttons and a font color are brighter now. I also change few more details in the site. Yeah the links are also changed ;)

Thx for posting.

ArchangelTalon
12-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Hey dude, I've already chatted to you on msn about the site, but I've come up with a couple more suggestions :P

I think you could remove the splash page. It doesn't do much, just add a little note to the footer of your site saying that it might not display properly in IE. I gotta say, though, you should probably make sure the site at least function basically in IE - Google Analytics on my site says 22% of my visitors use IE (50% Firefox, 25% Opera, 3% Safari) that's quite a lot of people you're pissing off :)

Maybe also add a thumbnail link on the front page to take people directly to your best piece of work. The front page could also use it to make it a little more interesting, rather than just text :)

Por@szek
12-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Thx mate.
I add some pictures to front page, and yes, it looks a lot better. About the front page ... I like it so I don't think I'll change it, maybe add something. About the IE and rest stuff like Opera, I'll fix it on days.
Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2006, 08:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.