PDA

View Full Version : For Star War Fans LOL!

Agent0069
12-02-2006, 05:11 AM
Check out our animation from National Cinemedia go to http://www.jamiegiger.com/PortfolioAnim.html click on "Candy Wars" and tell me what you think.

Thanks,
Jamie

Shortndeadly
12-03-2006, 02:30 PM
The animation is all class (Though the last thing kids these days need is MORE sugar intake :D ) The lightsabre swing was done really nicely. (Did you use syflex/maya cloth to animate the cape?)

As an junior animator just got out of school I am a bit concerned with my working speed in maya, how long would 'the industry' expect an ad of such length to be animated? Or more specifically, how long were individual animator given to finish their part?

Thanks, and congrats on this awesome piece.

Agent0069
12-05-2006, 08:32 PM
The animation is all class (Though the last thing kids these days need is MORE sugar intake :D ) The lightsabre swing was done really nicely. (Did you use syflex/maya cloth to animate the cape?)

As an junior animator just got out of school I am a bit concerned with my working speed in maya, how long would 'the industry' expect an ad of such length to be animated? Or more specifically, how long were individual animator given to finish their part?

Thanks, and congrats on this awesome piece.

Hey there Shortndeadly,
We use 3d max for the entire project. As for the cloth that was done using the cloth fx in 3d max. With only three 3d animators at National Cinemedia we produce this piece in a month but the main character was already pre made for an earlier project. With time you will become faster especially when it comes to pre planning your animations but to answer your question each project here has very different deadlines some are quick and some we are give a lot of time to animate so it's really hard to tell you a straight answer. When it comes to animated films its almost the same thing each shot is different some are long and some are short but on average an animator is given about 1 sec. a day to animate so 7 sec. of completed animation in a week but again each shot is different. I hope this helps ya out.

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2006, 08:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.