PDA

View Full Version : muhHair shader for maya 8 64-bit

future14
12-01-2006, 05:34 AM
hi guys, found several threads about the muhHair shader ( by http://animus.brinkster.net/index.html) here but unfortunately closed down, so thinking just make up a new thread for this shader matters.

I was working with the Shave hair in combination with muhHair shader, it was great with the output result and its speed. btw, I was working with maya 6.5 (32 bit).

Now the problem that i encountered is, when using the same method in maya 8 (win 64-bit),the muhHair shader is failed to output anything, and sent the error msg. When I tried to apply the muhHair with a Maya 8 ( win 32-bit) machine, it works without any errors.

So i think it might because of the 32 and 64-bit version of the muhHair shader, i'm new to terms of 32-bit and 64-bit issues and their relations to the mentalray custom shaders, is anyone out there can give provide any suggestion or help?

Lamster
12-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Be like me, I'm not using maya 64 bit now because the so called performance gain pales in comparison to the hassle that I get not being able to use 32 bit shaders and plugins. I'm sticking with maya 32 bit for now, until 64 bit becomes the mainstream.

It will come eventually, but it's not here yet.

Terence

kryoboy
12-02-2006, 08:41 PM
U need an X64 compiled version of the MuhHair shader.. U can find one at XSI Base..

So use the x64 .dll
and the 32bit .mll

Should work.

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2006, 08:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.