PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions needed for buying drapery books

daniviva
12-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Hey guys,

I am planning to buy a book about drawing drapery for this X'mas; probably, I will get Hogarth' s "Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery"; but anyway, I would like to hear more suggestions from you guys . Are there any other inspirational and useful drapery books I should also consider??

Also, pls tell me how you practise for drawing / painting drapery?? setting up a still-life
? or grab photos from magazines and copy them?? I need any kinds of advices :)

Throw in your opinions pls~
Thx in advance.

razz
12-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Well, what can be better than the book is a video. I haven't seen it myself, but I'm pretty sure it's great. It's Vilppu's DVD about drapery. Found HERE (http://www.vilppustore.com/anatdvd.htm). I've seen lots of his dvd's about anatomy, and they're great, so I tend to think that this can't be a disapointment. If not, I do think that Hogarth's book is a good choice.
It's always better to draw from life if you have a chance. I do not recommend photos. Studies from great masters would be better, in my opinion.

daniviva
12-04-2006, 12:22 AM
hey,Razz Thanks for your opinion~

I am going to check Glenn Vilppu's DVD right now~

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2006, 12:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.