PDA

View Full Version : Brain bugs!!

caustic
02-13-2003, 12:35 AM
Just an alien I did a while back.

I know I didnt need to add all the detail to the seperate segments of the armour, texturing could have done it anyway, just playing with it a bit.

Any C&C's are welcomed.

http://www.inkmancomic.com/dean/Images/Alien.jpg

Jonny Bubonic
02-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Really good....I like the glossy effect you've got on it. Is that just part of the texture or some rendering trickery?

moose droppings
02-13-2003, 11:00 AM
i dig it.

i must say though, the white really detracts from it. I think if the back was all the brown and had the details of dents and whatnot, it'd be much cooler. for some reason i just cant see the reason behind the white, but if its part of the design i understand. ahem... what? whew i need to sleep.

anywho, cool lookin! :)

Krystman
02-13-2003, 12:44 PM
It looks very good! 3300 polys is not a lightweight. Can you show a Wireframe? As a newbe I wonder where all those tris went. In the legs, I persume.

Hm.. must agree with moose, the White on the Back looks rather odd, especially because it is dimmed to a neutral grey. If you went for the kind of reptile or crab look, it would be anatomicaly correct to have the white texture on soft parts of the body, especially the .. eh .. belly (which you did and wich works very well). On the Back, you would expect some harder plating which is usually coloured darker. But perhaps it's just the unnatural isometric projection, can you give us a perspective rendering?

Also, it looks like the guy lost a Spike or two on his Back. Especially in the Sideview ;)

dmbilly4
02-17-2003, 05:47 PM
very nice texture. i think it would be cool if it had a little more detail in the face. other than that it's awsome!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.