PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Montage

spacemunky
02-13-2003, 12:28 AM
This is an old painting of mine i was hoping to get some feedback on. The original is 24X36 and was painted with Acrylics.

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/photopost/starwars.jpg

Leo73
02-13-2003, 12:57 AM
Simply Incredible.

Crithon
02-13-2003, 10:10 AM
Speaking as a man who has a Star Wars Poster right above me and my action figures right beside me..... I have to say that you got the feel and emotion of the series. I find it interisting that you went with a white background rather then the typical black of outerspace.

By the way, your Han Solo looks a lot like Indiana Jones. But I assume you did it that on purpose.

I wish you could add some X-Wings and Tie Fighters into it. Are you going to continue working on it? Are you working on a new one?

Crithon
02-13-2003, 10:12 AM
Whooops! My bad, I didn't think while I was typing.

Now I see the X-Wing...... Forgive me, it's 4:50 AM.... I should be at my best right now :p

spacemunky
02-16-2003, 06:26 AM
thanks for the responses...this is actually a two year old painting..i completed it when i was 20. I'm a little better now then i was back then, mainly in the use of the medium. I just posted it because I was curious what kind of response i would get on this board. In regards to doing another one, I would love to do another, maybe once i graduate in March i might start another Star Wars piece up.

LPlasma
02-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Looks nice but the white seems really odd/uneccessary. Seems to mess with the composition a lot. The existing elements fading into black/a starfield/a darker background would look a lot nicer IMO.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.