PDA

View Full Version : Pflow collision problem- please help!

shirak23
11-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Hey all-
Few questions here:
1) I've got a bunch of particles and I want a model that I've got to collide with them and disperse them. I created a udeflect and assigned the model to it, used a collision event, etc., but nothing happens. Any quick ideas about what I might be missing? The model is an editable poly, does that matter?

2) I'm using instanced geometry (just planes with textures mapped) as particles and have them attached to another piece of geometry, but they aren't actually all on there, some are offset. How can I fix this so that they are really attached to the surface?

3) I need the particles to act like feathers, so that they explode kind of quick and then float around and down. I've got 2 wind forces for x and y, a drag force and a gravity. Problem is, is that they don't "poof" quickly enough or float around right. Any tips? I think I might need an age event, but I'm a bit of a noob... can you tell? heh, heh

Thanks!

PsychoSilence
12-01-2006, 09:35 AM
have you tried a pbomb and drag spacewarp? use this for your puff like effect and run an agetest and use gravity and vortex forces e.g. to make the paticles fall down...

regards

anselm

shirak23
12-01-2006, 07:08 PM
have you tried a pbomb and drag spacewarp?

Yeah, I just discovered it digging around, did the trick. Thanks for the tip!

Oh, I figured out my other problems. My "feathers" weren't sticking to the surface geometry 'cause since I originally made them (the initial geometry) too small I had to increase the size of the particles so they were offset. Duh.

PsychoSilence
12-01-2006, 08:26 PM
glad i could help :)

maybe post your results some day if you like.

you can manage the offset of particles on a surface in the position object itself. i allways manage particle size via the shape instance node. the base mesh itself has reset XForm...

regards

anselm

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2006, 08:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.