PDA

View Full Version : Viewer for bip files

Riwal
11-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Does someone knows if we can view a bip file without applying it to a biped? I am looking for an small application that can preview bip files.

Thanks for your help

Riwal
11-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Let me explain what I am looking for...

I have hundreds of BIP and BVH files. If I want to see what the biped will do with these movements, I need to assign the bip file to the biped (after searching it into my local disk) and then play the animation. I need to repeat this for each BIP or BVH file. This is quite time consuming.

I am looking for a kind of little app or plugin for max where I can preview the animation just navigating on my folders without having to assign them to a biped.

Hope this is more clear now

Thanks for your help

AnarchyRising
05-06-2007, 02:21 AM
Sorry for a long reply. I just came across this post.

As of yet, I've never seen a true-to-life BIP file viewer (I have hundreds also and am in the same predicament).

Even the tiny viewer inside the MAX Bip load dialog only works half the time and if you have already imported the bip at one point.

One alternative I found was to write (or find-- there is one online somewhere) a maxscript that will make a small AVI sequence of a simple biped skeleton doing the full BIP animation for all your files. So if you have john1.bip, john2.bip..etc. a corresponding AVI would be written john1.avi, john2.avi in the output folder.

Its a hack way of doing it I know, and it really sucks but I have yet to find an alternative.

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2007, 02:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.