PDA

View Full Version : Under the skin

ferncastro
11-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Hi guys..

I would like to know if someone knows if there is a tool on 3d max similar as Sculpt Deformer in Maya.
I would like to do a character that under his skin you can see things moving(like a vains under the skin in movement...)
I hope i explain it well enough..:)

Thanks..

Diependaal
11-29-2006, 08:45 AM
yes in max you have the same thing also, just look for more details on it in your help file.

for the effect you want you could also use ffd box, set the nr sections you want, that set the ffd box to edit, and place the cage around the spot you want to deform, no the whole cage but the edit point, let it follow the vains, and just animate the ffd ;)

ferncastro
11-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks Diependaal for the tip... I will try ffd to see..

I went trough the help files and I cant find it at all..even i am not sure if the tool is called the same as Maya (Deform Scupter ) so that why is been hard to find the answer....:sad:

Please, if anyone there knows my question ..let me know..:)

thanks...

DeKo-LT
11-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Try Vol. Select and Push modifiers together ;) (if you need animate it)

ferncastro
11-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Sorry guys..but I think I didnt explan it very well so...I would like to create something that doenst belong to the head and when is moving under the skin affect the head mesh as the Sculp Deformer in Maya ..when you just select the head and it creates the deformer then while you move it the head changing the shape (deformer shape) then you just setup how you like the deformation.....

thanks..:)

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2006, 02:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.