PDA

View Full Version : Hard Way vs Easy Way

Rando
02-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi guys,
First time poster but didn't see my particular question answered below. I have done something that I think looks & works pretty good, but since I don't work with Flash all the time I wonder if there is an easier way to do it.

I have a drawing that I want to animate so it looks like it is being created right before your eyes. To accomplish this, I have done the following:

- Imported the image and placed it alone on a layer
- Created a new layer above it and drew a large rectangle to block the image from view
- Extended the picture layer so it eventually covered 175 frames
- Copied the block and pasted it in the next frame where I deleted a portion of it exposing the image beneath
- Copied the modified block and pasted it again in the next frame to delete a little more of it
- Repeat until all of picture is revealed

When running the movie it now looks like the drawing is creating itself. Although I am very happy with the result, (See the animated gif version below) I wonder if there were an easier way than to do it than frame by frame as future versions will be much longer as I incorporate color filling and such.

Suggestions?

Appreciate the listen & look,

Caman0
02-12-2003, 08:33 PM
not really, not if you want the pic to build up the way you do now

looks good btw :)

samartin
02-13-2003, 02:23 PM
that looks really good... :applause: can't think of a way 4 now but I am gonna rack my brains and have a blast this aft.

dg
02-14-2003, 01:19 AM
Hi,

First if your draw is in lineart (BW) you can and trace your draw to vector insted of using an image, them you can distribute them into diferent layer and make animated masks to do the magic, but if this way works why change?

Nice work! :applause:

See Ya!

Rando
02-14-2003, 05:36 AM
Cool,
Thanks for the positive comments all!

That image was basically a trial to see if I could do what I wanted. Now that I've proved the concept I'm taking a stab at the real project which starts out similar to my post here, and then adds color, background, and possibly some falling snow.

This is to act as the intro to a friend's art portfolio. I'll keep you posted on my progress and be sure to post any stumbling blocks I hit.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Rando

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.