PDA

View Full Version : LW 7.5 Rigging A Grasshopper Leg

jontz71
11-29-2006, 02:21 AM
Been trying to get this IK chain to stick to the geometry with no luck.

Just want him to be able to rub his head with his right front leg. Kinda like when they are cleaning themselves.

I've attached a link to a file. Can anyone help fix it and post? On a crazy deadline and have been trying to fix it for the last 4 hours.

Download file at www.flux71.com/Grasshopper.zip

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jontz

ps. there are weight maps in the model file

coryc
11-29-2006, 05:34 AM
You can set the grasshopper up to move without setting up bones and weightmaps. Break down the legs into their own layers, set pivot points, set up your hierarchies, and then set up IK and goals in Layout. I have attached a scene and the modified model as a quick example(LW9).

jontz71
11-29-2006, 05:49 AM
dude, you rule!!!. thank you so much for helping out.

i'll have to study your scene a bit more. i am just starting out to rig stuff and it's so painful, but help like this keeps us tryin'.

thanks again,

jontz71

coryc
11-29-2006, 06:16 AM
No problem but I don't rule all that much since I just noticed you are using LW7.5 and I posted a LW9 scene. It should all be the same though. You will want to set limits on your IK settings for each segment and you may want to adjust your leg segments in modeler for easier rotations.

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2006, 06:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.