PDA

View Full Version : Pond Shader and Particles

lemonyfresh
11-28-2006, 10:09 PM
I've run into this before and fixed it with compositing, which is what I'm going to do this time as well. But I'd like to know if anybody has a fix for this:

When I have particles in the scene with the pond shape the particle bounding box blows out the pond and the pond renders with this harsh much lighter box in it.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Duncan
11-29-2006, 05:20 PM
The pond and the particles are both volume renders. Unfortunately by default it treats the entire fluid box as the bounds for a volume span that is integrated with the particle volume, rather than recognizing the exact span through the water. You can work around this by turning on volume samples override on the fluid node and increasing the volume samples. Or you could convert the fluid to poly( with history on).

Duncan

lemonyfresh
11-30-2006, 09:49 PM
I increased the volume samples and that sort of worked, but the "multiplication" didn't go away it was just diffused.

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2006, 09:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.