PDA

View Full Version : Tips for successful import/export ??

Taoizm
02-12-2003, 06:48 PM
I've just gotten the oppurtunity to really start digging into MB. Up to now I've just been doing the tutorials inside Mb.

Now I'm trying to get a full character out of MAX into MB and back to MAX. I can get the character in mb just fine, use the rig apply motion etc, and everything works great.

Trying to get the character back into MAX has proven difficult, and I don't know where I'm going wrong. Basically the character returns to his T pose, and the skeleton that I was using to control his rig goes walking by without the skin.

Is there something obvious and silly that I'm missing? How sensitive is the scale issue? (I scaled up the character in MB) Are there any specific rules while importing/exporting?

If anyone has any good tips or tricks for importing and exporting character I'd love to hear it.

froggyplat
02-12-2003, 07:29 PM
did you plot the animation in MB before you imported it into max? just checking...

Taoizm
02-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Bingo. Looks like I need to watch the scale of the character as well, but I can now get the pipeline setup to go back and forth.

Thanks for the info. :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.