PDA

View Full Version : Creating Pivot Points?

cynik6
11-28-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm new to 3ds Max, and I have been working my way through a few things. Right now I'm trying to create a very simple crane and I can't get the load to hang naturally. When I link the rope to the crane arm, its stuck in a certain position and does not hang. How would I achieve this? Another example would be a fishing line hanging from the tip of a fishing pole.

ErwinEHVNL
12-16-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm new to 3ds Max, and I have been working my way through a few things. Right now I'm trying to create a very simple crane and I can't get the load to hang naturally. When I link the rope to the crane arm, its stuck in a certain position and does not hang. How would I achieve this? Another example would be a fishing line hanging from the tip of a fishing pole.

try to use the reactor cloth and sim node... then you can make it more natural maybe... and you can change your pivots in the "hierarchy" tab

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2006, 07:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.