PDA

View Full Version : Motion Graphics

andre_alder
02-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Hi folks,

I am looking for good motion graphics or flyng logos for TV (like ABC, ESPN or others networks TVs).
Anyone knows where I can find them? They are a execelent for TV and visual fx professionals...

regards
AD

dg
02-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Hi,

What do you mean?

Pre-made animations or applications to do them?

For flying logos you can use any 3D Package like 3D Max from discreet (www.discreet.com), LightWave from NewTek (www.newtek.com), Maya from AliasWavefront (www.aliaswavefront.com), Softimage XSI or SI3D from Softimage (www.softimage.com).

There are other options, like the Invigorator 3D PRO by Zaxwerks wich is a plugin for After Effects that is very easy to use, and you can achieve some nice results, nothing to fancy but is quick and you don't have to know much about 3D applications.

I hope this helps you,
See Ya!

andre_alder
02-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Hi Diogo,

Im looking for applications of these software, 3D MAX, MAYA, After Effects, Combustion: motion graphics, flyng logo, CGI arts or others examples of this kind of work.

AD

dg
02-14-2003, 02:24 PM
Hi m8

I'm not unterstanding you very well, but if you are searching for applications to create (model, design), texture, lightning and animate flying logos there are several tools for that.
Some for quick works, wich most of them work in the compositing or in the editing system, for these type of tools you can search for plugins like Boris and Invigorater for After Effects, there are others take a look in the plugins buyers guide in www.toolfarm.com
For more complex stuff you must use a 3D application like:
- Strata
- Universe
- 3D Max
- LightWave
- Maya
- XSI
Just to mention a few, there a lot more options on the market, do a search.

Goo Luck,
See Ya!

eudemonie
02-14-2003, 03:27 PM
--

i think he is looking for stock footage and example's produced
with these animation softwares (demo reels etc.)

always look at the homepages! on alias and softimage you'll
find a lot of vids

--
eu

Nicodemus
02-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Go to www.designinmotion.com

The projects that have quicktimes attached are noted. Most of them you can download and save as inspiration for later and they span the spectrum form really simple to very intense and effects intensive.

In terms of stock footage and background you can always check out digital juice. They are used by some major news stations.

andre_alder
02-14-2003, 05:30 PM
hi guys,

thanks very much.....

hey Nicodemus, designinmotion is very cool.:thumbsup:

Ad

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.