PDA

View Full Version : vue 6 bugginess

BrianLaFrance
11-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi All,

just checking to see if we are all having similar problems. I just bought the pre-release last week,
and upgraded to the latest build (can't remember the number off hand) a couple days ago.
I am still having serious problems... mostly with vegetation. i.e. trying to put a single tree into a
scene causes all my ortho and perspective windows to go away, eventually followed by all objects disappearing from the hierarchical window, and the scene itself. It just eats itself from the inside. anyone else?

also, trying to get anything but a preview render of the scene I am able to construct is proving very difficult as well. I tried 4k, not enough ram, then 2k, which started, but then stopped for the same reason. I have 2 gigs of ram on my machine, which, for a few simple terrains with some atmosphere, no vegetation, should be plenty.

any optimizations I should be using? in general, seems this release is still fairly early beta...

Brian

Kevin Sanderson
11-28-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm thinking you might have some Open GL issues. I haven't seen those problems yet. Have you tried rendering or fiddling around with any of the provided scenes/animations? So far, they've been working out OK for me as I've just done a few render time trials with those to set a baseline as I upgrade my PC and they seem fine with the internal render engine...both to screen and disk. I've done a little experimenting with building a scene, but no problems there either. No bugs on my end yet but I haven't been stress testing it either. I'm using the latest build..288342

A couple good optimization tips... in Render Options>Memory Optimization, check Clear OpenGL data before render ...also, you don't need anti aliasing and effects turned up too high to get good results... use those mainly if you're going to print or getting too many jaggies or are using radiosity (effects). Also, there's a soft anti-alias setting that I'm really digging...getting more of a film look. In Post Render Settings, Natural Film Response is good.

Carpenter
11-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Brian

I am not having any real problems from my end. For the most part just setting up scenes with the premade skys, ecosystems and water has been pretty rock solid for me. I do occassionally run into problems when I start digging into the Function Generator and displacements though.

Hope this is of some use to you... I would consider what Kevin suggests.

Rich

BrianLaFrance
11-28-2006, 08:53 PM
thanks guys,

tech support recommends disabling the background draw thread.
I'll give that a try tonight.

thanks again,

Brian

mwalter1
11-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Thankfully that's one problem I haven't seen! On occasion, one of the windows will go blank. When I click on it, it comes back. Disabling the background draw thread is one of the first recommendations that e-on gives.

CGTalk Moderation
11-28-2006, 11:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.