PDA

View Full Version : Volcano city concept

Moysh
11-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi, I was doing a concept for a city that is built around a volcano.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/moysh/igna_cityconcept__.jpg

The original concept, extrapolated from a photo:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/moysh/concept_cc.jpg

I kinda like it so I decided to turn it into a matte painting.

Before so, I would love to hear any comments and critisms from you guys on the perspective, color, composition.

:)

JJASSO
11-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Hi Moysh this skecth and concept is really really cool I like a lot the colors and the sens of scale your showing here. for composition I would add some clouds beacuse we're really high in the sky to see this city , the colors in the original sketch are better to me , they show the inmense scale of this thing , well this is just my opinion , I'm definitly looking forward to see the final matte painting
welcome and keep up the good work !

tobiasth
11-29-2006, 08:37 AM
i do agree with jamesvfx
the original concept looks much more impressive to me as the newer one. i really like that idea and im looking forward to see this.

(you can add a small river of lava, running down the black squares in the walls.)

MPavel
11-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Looks really cool! But idea reminds me Minas Tirith from LOTR =))

everlite
12-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Looks nice. Though a little dangerous me think, wouldn't want to fart for the fear of serious erruption!:thumbsup:

monks
12-02-2006, 05:46 PM
very good concept, a city around a volcano..humm that's crazy but i like it, it's a very good start, waiting for the next picture :).

Rockhoppermedia
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Reminds me of Bruegls Tower of babel, very nice like the cool palette,

rich

Look forward to seeing this progress.

CGTalk Moderation
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.