PDA

View Full Version : powerXtension #1, Ivan Santic (3D)

moth3r
11-27-2006, 06:37 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/252350/252350_1164656250_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/252350/252350_1164656250_large.jpg)

Title: powerXtension #1
Name: Ivan Santic
Software: CINEMA 4D, Rhino

"powerXtension" is a piece greatly influenced by organic forms easily found in nature. The natural flow of the shape is connected with the functionality of the extension brick. When product is in use, we have wires which adds another component to the design. Usually on the floor they represent chaos but here they are integral part of the design itself.

Working time : about 3 days (from idea, sketch, modeling to final render)

wesware
11-28-2006, 04:30 AM
Hey there, fellow C4D user,

Nice piece. A comfortable/smooth piece of organic technology.

Crits:
1. The wires are too rigid, perhaps adjust the interpolation of the splines and rework the tangents a bit to flow more organically (I'd like to see more gravity or smooth flow).
2. The image seems split, there is a conflict in the focal point,?? perhaps subjective. I'd rather see one powerXtension done well.
3. the lighting on the cables is a little flat, perhaps some highlights?
4. I want to see how the cables connect, a little vague. If the geometry is there, accent it a little.

I guess there is a fine line between a somewhat abstract form and a product shot. I want both here. I'd like to see a little more definition or function with a more dynamic image.

Sweet!!

veljko-lemonade
11-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Hi fellow countryman:)
allways nice to see someone from croatia on these forums-
its a cool piece you made, i like the desing and the render-
it is an interesting concept to make the wires part of the design, these days people will do anything to hide the wires, so its a bold move-

:)

vanda
11-28-2006, 09:43 AM
I like the piece, idea and composition.:thumbsup:

moth3r
11-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Thx on comments. I also admitt there is some problem with wires. I doubt is it possible to model wires straight and than just use gravity as a force to achieve realistic fall of wires on scene. As i don't know how to do it right, i would like to have some help on this issue.

Silverwing
11-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Very nice and clean render! I love
the mood and the lighting... Keep
it up!

siniki
11-28-2006, 03:47 PM
cool - i should buy two of this powerXtensions, so i don`t have to hide my terrible, old plastic ones. Really great Design!

CGTalk Moderation
11-28-2006, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.