PDA

View Full Version : Arm_Chair: Short film (input needed please)

fuchamecha
11-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi all, sorry, removed for now..:rolleyes:

fuchamecha
11-28-2006, 03:59 PM
o'dear, looks like i'm shelved. do i remove? ..or revisit this lonely thread all by my lonesome...

hello hello hello ..anybody anybody anybody

hehe, just kidding.

..i have noticed however (being new to the forum) is that most uploads here are cartoonish designs (don't get me wrong i'm a big fan!) ..but my personal preference/efforts go down the line of final fantasy type design (don't i just wish!), so i try, not really too successfully, to lean towards realistic-ish designs but one's that are still obviously noted at animated. to me that's really special because one can present a fundamentally realistic approach - but make it better than the real deal! ..guess what i'm trying to say, from MY point of view is - it's a 'perception of reality'. ..again i must stress that i DO love cartoonish animations! ..and i have attempted one before:) (probably not that successfully), ..all i'm saying is i'm finding myself the odd one out in this specific forum with regards to my style (perhaps that's why i have not had any feedback?) ..but this forum is for WIP animations right?

i think what's really cool about this forum (and you guys are really lucky to have this!) is you can learn, ask questions AND get a pat on the back every now & then - really important cos this kind of learning curve is very difficult, especially if one is trying to do this on their own, the amount of time, effort and patience needed is massive... and u just gotta NOT give up.

i've never had something as cool as this forum to help me in the past, only wish i had! ..i've never been lucky enough to actually study animation in a proper institution - with not only mentors/teachers, but other people/artists as well, you guys are lucky! ..it's been one tutorial after the next for me, with blood, sweat & tears and the ocasional session of headbanging inbetween to come out years later STILL only just starting to understand the possibilities. ..so i take my hat off to some of you guys who are already producing quailty stuff in a really short amount of time!

anyway ...just wanted to throw my 2 cents in before moving on - that's if i don't get any input here.

keep on keeping on!

Sky
11-28-2006, 05:10 PM
The WIP/Animation forum doesn't get nearly as much people as the other forums, comments come slowly it seems. Hang in there.

Anyways, I like what your doing. realistic stuff is a bit harder than cartoony it seems, for me it is anyways. I didn't get a chance to watch the video, but I like the still images you posted. If I had one comment to make it would be on the textures, they don't have much detail. And they are a tad bit bland. On the image with the girl blocking the sun out of her eyes, try dirtying her clothes up a bit. Add scratches and dirt stains, tears and things like that. The models have good detail, now give em good detailed textures. Really thats the only suggestion I have. Keep it up!!

fuchamecha
11-29-2006, 07:47 AM
..good, thanks Sky! appreciated. good point, i'll look into adding some wear&tear. perhaps as the animation progresses she'll also get dirtier:)

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2006, 07:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.