PDA

View Full Version : fur.....flickering.

chiax2
11-27-2006, 09:15 AM
I am using shave and hair cut to create very short hair with Mudhair shader. It looks fine in a still but it flicker when comes to moving camera or rotating the object.

I have tried render the animation with double size.. but it still flicker... I have puch my shadow resolution and sampling higher , problem is still there.

someone help on that?

cheers,
Chia

dilaamir
11-28-2006, 04:44 AM
Hi ChiaX2,

if ur surface is a polygon then turn off the smooth UVs attribute value 0 (Off) in the smooth node attribute. let me know if it works for U.

chiax2
11-28-2006, 12:15 PM
it's not the surface it's the rendering.

cheers,
Chia

dilaamir
11-29-2006, 04:42 AM
Hi Chia,

I undersstand that its while rendering u come across the flickering. I have come across the same while rendering. If u open ur UV editor window and change ur current frame u will notice ur UV's getting animated. It is b'cos of while smoothing the surface the smooth UV's option would have been on by default. Pls try switching them off and render. it worked for me it may well work for u too. (note- Check the image attached)

May be u might have a different problem altogether. let me know....

Cheers

Aamir

MaNdRaK18
11-29-2006, 06:18 PM
if You have polysmooth node in DAG chain, get rid of it.

chiax2
12-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the info..
Its great to know another problem and solution for that.

The thing is that I am not having problem with texture sliding or moving texture flickering..
its actually the tiny shadow tht cause the flicker.It reduced some of it when we tried pushing the hair passes to 5 during render but it took forever to render a frame.

hope can get another solution for that.

cheers,
Chia

israelyang
01-31-2007, 08:11 PM
hi I had the same problem before, and i too tried doubling the render size and duuude render but no success, and i am pretty sure it wasn't the shadow resolution either because it was already at 4k.

what i ended up doing was dropping every other frame after everything is rendered out (or you could just render out every other frame from maya), then i bring in the new sequence(now 1/2 number of frames less) and double its length and use a plugin for after effects 7 pro called time warp to rebuild the missing frames, and it worked out nicely.

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2007, 08:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.