PDA

View Full Version : my plugin - Crazy stuff happens which shouldnt...

dbsmith
11-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Hey all,
Got a plugin which works fine and all, loads my custom node and attaches a coupla meshes to it blah blah blah.
But when I give it my own AETemplate mel script, it hides heaps of other unrelated icons in maya, particularly the icons at the top of the hypershade panel (eg show input/output connections - no button there anymore!)
The template works properly for my node...

Anyone had this kinda behaviour before?
Heres my AE template script, which maya just loads up automatically from my My Docs/maya/7.0/scripts folder:

global proc AEMyNodeTemplate ( string $nodeName )

{

AEswatchDisplay $nodeName;

editorTemplate -beginScrollLayout;

editorTemplate -beginLayout "Attributes" -collapse 0;

AEfieldCommon $nodeName;

editorTemplate -addControl "View_Detail";

editorTemplate -addControl "Render_Detail";

editorTemplate -addControl "Camera_Ratio";

editorTemplate -addControl "At_Origin";

editorTemplate -callCustom init_TFW refresh_TFW;

//editorTemplate -callCustom init_Cam refresh_Cam;

editorTemplate -endLayout;

AEdependNodeTemplate $nodeName;

editorTemplate -addExtraControls;

editorTemplate -endScrollLayout;

}

giantlizard
11-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Since you didn't get any response until now:
Here' what I think (sorry if it doesn't really help you...).

I have had this behaviour before!
Just as you described, icons in the hypershade panel dissappeared and didn't come back until I restarted Maya. That used to happen to me regularly even though I didn't use any fancy self written plugins by that time. Since I have changed my OS from 2000 to XP and changed my Maya version from 6 to 7, it didn't happen again (at least I don't remember).
So I guess it might not have anything to do with your plugin but perhaps it is a common Maya bug. Maybe something with redrawing / rebuilding the menus or something. Perhaps rebuilding of the menues can be forced somehow? I can just speculate, I'm not really an expert as you will have noticed.
Sorry again, if it didn't really help you, but maybe you (or some of the mel-experts around here) gets some new ideas what the problem might be.

dbsmith
11-27-2006, 08:11 PM
No worries, thanks for replying.

I thought it might be some kinda bug. I'll play around with some sort of force redraw things and see if i can get it to work. Since this machine is on Windows 2000, I suspect that this problem will go away on an XP machine maybe....

giantlizard
11-27-2006, 08:50 PM
If you find a solution, please post it! I'm interested in it aswell in case THE BUG RETURNS (what a great name for a movie, by the way) on my system. Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
11-27-2006, 08:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.