View Full Version : rail station

Ed Lee
02-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Completed today....C&C are welcome.

Ed--

http://www.edleeart.com/images/station2.jpg

chrisdejoya
02-12-2003, 09:30 AM
Impressive! industrial designer? I would love to see this colored.

I'm wondering about the conductors...how are they attached to the wires? contacts?

and what's the technical approach to drawing ellipses that aren't parallel to the perspective lines? sorry couldn't resist.. :)

awesome job...

p.s. your website has some of the most attractive art i've seen lately.

klabbelito
02-12-2003, 10:23 AM
hey man,

you have some amazing work on your
site. love your details! and your 3d skills
are totally freaky aswell.

FirmaDefault (http://www.firmadefault.com)

ckw01hk
02-12-2003, 11:58 AM
amazing!!!!!!
you technical drawing is...................wowowowow...
.....that's rock!!!!!!!!!!!:buttrock:

jeroentje
02-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Snowfly
(...)and what's the technical approach to drawing ellipses that aren't parallel to the perspective lines? sorry couldn't resist.. :)

Sorry Snowfly, but could you please point me the ellips that's wrong?
Ed seems to know his ellipses very well and I just don't see it.

p.s. your website has some of the most attractive art i've seen lately.
I fully agree :) Very inspiring aswell (jeroentje wants to try a sci-fi piece now).

Kamui
02-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by jeroentje
Sorry Snowfly, but could you please point me the ellips that's wrong?
Ed seems to know his ellipses very well and I just don't see it.

I fully agree :) Very inspiring aswell (jeroentje wants to try a sci-fi piece now).

jeroentje, i think Snowfly is asking him how to do it cuz they are indeed correct. I'm guessing use one of those templates or french curves? i have no idea how to use them.

also, nice work Ed! nice setting... i like the design for the monorail

jeroentje
02-12-2003, 12:25 PM
Oh yes ofcourse, I see it now, you're right Kamui. Sorry Snowfly.

Kamui
02-12-2003, 01:53 PM
hehe, no prob jeroentje..

and Ed, i just checked out your site and HOLY SHAT! :eek:
i'm definately bookmarking your site for inspiration.

excellent stuff all around.. amazing work,..
i aspire to be as good as you someday ;)

tomG
02-12-2003, 01:54 PM
hey lee ..... i'm frustrated since i visited your homepage! i hate you!!!!! (in positive sense)

holy shit ...... i love your works!! it rocks :buttrock:

jeroentje
02-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Ed Lee
(...)C&C are welcome.
That's what you want, don't you?

Okay, it looks excellent, and I expect that you (at least) want to put in some shadows or (maybe even) some colour. What I always like in stuff like this, is when you put in some human figures. That really puts stuff in a context and makes it easier to watch (but you probably allready know that ;) ).

Cheers, Jeroentje

Ed Lee
02-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Good point.....I took out the human figures in this pix...no real reason.

For the elipses not going to vanishing points, I would post some examples but for now keep the center elipse going to it's own vanishing point..draw an imaginary horizon line and make a vanishing point. Will post some examples, which I'll do later on this eve.

Ed--

mattregnier
02-12-2003, 09:03 PM
Ed- Wow, I don't know how I've managed to never hear about you until seeing this post. Amazing work on your site. Instantly I see your work and I'm thinking of the Starwars boys Feng & Chiang! You should be proud. Anywho, just wanted to say keep it up. It's the level of your work that I one day aspire to achieve. :)

chrisdejoya
02-14-2003, 08:07 AM
jereontje, you frightened me for a second there. actually some of the more collapsed elipses on the pipes bugged me a little, but you never really doubt that ed knows what he is doing. ;)

and still waiting for those samples ed! i read some good stuff about creating elipses on phil saunders' site a few months ago, your samples would be equally enlightening. :)

cheers!

saunders creative (http://www.saunderscreative.com)

MVP
02-14-2003, 11:37 AM
Fantastic inspiring work Ed.
It is great to see a new style and I love that all the base perspective lines are still visible and the minimal use of block colour...lovely.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.