PDA

View Full Version : Reactor Cloth

Firehazurd
11-26-2006, 01:43 AM
I'm currently trying to create a small demo for personal use involving a character of my own design. The character is clothed in a simple robe and I want to use Reactor to animate the cloth on the character as he moves around.

I'm currently running 3dsmax 8, and the problem I run into is that when I tell reactor to simulate keyframes for the cloth, the modifier saves only the first 101 frams (0 - 100) no matter what the active keyframe range is. Is there some setting I'm missing or some simple solution that I have overlooked? It doesn't seem plausible that they would only give us 101 frames to work with.

Here (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43461320/) is a link to the first 101 frames rendered out with a simple texture and simple lighting. If you have any suggestions not related to the above issue, feel free to say so. I'm really just starting to use reactor and have a lot to learn. Thanks.

p.s. you have to use the download function to actually view the clip.

Baothebuff
11-26-2006, 09:46 AM
To be blunt, Reactor is crap for cloth. You're better off using the cloth modifier unless you need cloth to interact and affect some rigid bodies which by your picture doesn't look like you need it. Cloth mod is way more advance and it won't error out as much. Look up cloth in the help file and do some of their tutorials to get used to it.

BTW
for future reference, the 101 frames thing, you have to set that in the reactor utility panel under animation range or something I don't remember.

skartdesign
09-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem, but i didn't find this menu to solve the problem?
I search every were in the menu but i don't find this setup! (max9 + reactor 2.1)
could you please help me...
thank you

matkitdc
09-07-2007, 08:41 AM
I think you should go to the utility panel and click reactor button. then under the preview and animation, adjust the time frame you want to simulate. Based on experience, adjust the collision tolerance to 0.3 under havok 1 World for better results.Hope that helps.

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2007, 08:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.