PDA

View Full Version : Must get Wacom! ...But have Windows NT...

gnarlycranium
02-12-2003, 04:07 AM
I need a tablet. In that must-get-it-soon-or-my-brain-will-implode kind of way. I'm going to get a Graphire 2, I think... problem: Windows NT does not support USB ports. The computer HAS them, they just don't DO anything. :annoyed: (and no, it's not my fault that I'm using NT, the comp ain't mine)

So now what? Is there an adapter? A serial port version? I've seen people saying that serial tablets are too fussy and glitchy to be worth it-- I sure hope that ain't true.

dvornik
02-12-2003, 05:13 AM
I don't think any of the Graphire 2 are sold with a serial port.

Serial port Intuos 1 were a bit more problematic and don't work with macs, which reduces the resale value, that's all i know. I wouldn't buy one now, although they are rather cheap on ebay. Maybe consider installing a second harddrive into that computer and boot into win2k or XP pro.

Sieb
02-12-2003, 05:47 AM
I have a Serial 12x12 Wacom. Its always worked fine for me. Dont have enough milage on it yet to justify buying a new one..

gnarlycranium
02-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Garrrgh!! I can barely afford the Graphire in the first place, now I have to get a new hard drive and/or an Intuos?! Is there no mercy or justice in the world?! :cry:

Sieb
02-13-2003, 12:28 AM
When it comes to computers... No..

gnarlycranium
02-13-2003, 02:15 AM
Dammit... I forgot... ugh.

*insert the look on Sieb's avatar's face here to illustrate the look on mine*

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.