PDA

View Full Version : Forest - help

jaras
11-24-2006, 11:42 PM
hello, actually I am working with some animation for education/nature movie. It should be flight above the forest, not really realistic - what is done it is quite good .. but I want to make better :).Vue probably could be better ... but this flickering it is not what I need. Actually I am using Forest Pro demo version for 3ds max and it is a result ... http://www.jaras3d.nazwa.pl/choinki1.mpg

fuchamecha
11-28-2006, 08:44 AM
hi, i've never had a chance to use forest pro before (think i had forest lite a while back but did'nt get a chance to use that either) ..but i'm impressed with this result!. um, i'd say it's jerking rather than flickering (i assume you're talking about the 1st few seconds? ..either that or it's just my machine struggling to get going). i'd say flickering would be missing frames (ie a blank frame every now & then) or sudden changes in contrast, colour. this seems to be a double frame problem (dunno if that's possible with your render?) ..where there's a movement ..then a pause, then a movement, so it's staggard. it seems to correct itself once you pan up so perhaps it's just the speed of the camera movement in the beginning - try slowing the rotation of the camera and not necessarily the forward movement.

i usually work the looong way around by rendering out frames (25fps) then compiling them in video edit (it uses OLE so at least if i need to re-render i don't have to compile all over again. this way i can see if the frame sequence is odd, or missing something.

not sure i've been much help? good luck, it's looking good!

jussing
11-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Impressive!

I don't get any frame-skipping or -doubling in the playback of the file, but I do see some "poping" and disappearing of trees and shadows.

I've used Vue for at project at work, and GOD, I think it sucks for animation. Every single leave is flickering all over the place, even with 16 samples per pixel in mental ray, and way too long render times. Just my two cents for Vue. It's awesome for stills, though. :)

Cheers,
- Jonas

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2006, 07:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.