PDA

View Full Version : Forum Skin: needs some crits.

Akuma
02-12-2003, 12:50 AM
Well, i really didnt know how the heck to post this, but i just recently spent a good week finishing a forum skin. If you guys can take a peak and give me your oppinions i'd appreciate it. Most of the real nice edits are in the actual topics so you'll need to go into the forum itself and look around to see everything i did.

You dont have to register, just take a gander and let me know what you think.

http://www.elementaleye.com/main.html

Also, im not sure if its all mac compatable because of the html used. If you can tell me if it looks good for you i would appreciate it.

Sorry to make you click all the way over to my board :shrug:

dmcgrath
02-12-2003, 04:43 AM
The only thing that bothers me is the size of my monitor makes most of the screen really bright. The white background isn't offset enough by the text and other graphical images. If you keep the graphical images at that color, could you try another background color, something maybe 20%-35% grey? It just is too bright for my tastes. But the forum itself is well laid out, and nicely detailed. It loaded right away on my machine. (DSL, IE5.5, Pentium3).

Akuma
02-12-2003, 05:41 AM
I see your point about more neutral colors. I think i'll take a look at the BG and see if it is viable to change the colors. if i do i will need to change alot of the graphics because of the trasparency but that is not a problem.

Akuma
02-12-2003, 05:55 AM
ok i made the BG a deeper blue, grey didnt match with the colors but it is easier on the eyes now.

Any other crits?

dmcgrath
02-12-2003, 11:30 PM
Actually, that was the only thing unappealing about the skin in my opinon. It looks really nice now, definately easier on the eyes. Good job!:beer:

Akuma
02-12-2003, 11:44 PM
thanks, this really helped the whole look. :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.