PDA

View Full Version : Ball with personality

jpa
11-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Hey everyone,

this is my first time attempting to do an animation of a ball with personality. I have only just begun the animation but wanted to get some feed back on the ball's walk (bounce). I have been trying to figure it out all day, but just can't seem to get it right. It seems to me like when the ball is at the top of its bounce, it tugs forward on the way down. I was wondeirng if any of you had any suggestions as to how I might fix this, as well as an overall crit on the first few seconds.

The animation (1.6MB) can be found here:
http://babel.massart.edu/~jantonuccio/newBallCharacterv4.qt

I am still trying to figure out the best way to save these animation as small files as well. Currently I am saving them through the playblast as sorensn 3 low quality files. If you have any better suggestions please let me know!

Thanks,

jpa
-

DanGarnett
11-29-2006, 02:53 AM
Nice work so far.

You need to add more frames from when its in the air to when it drops. And also watch your arcs, thats why it seems to be shooting forward.

I suggest investing in the Animators Survival Kit if you don't already have it. Its a wonderful book for animation and would be a great help when you have a problem with timing or arcs.

And I think playblast would be the best way to show it at lowest size possible.

anthonymcgrath
11-29-2006, 09:51 AM
nice tool and not one alot of people use surprisingly is the ghosting tool. select ball, turn on ghosting in the animate menu and away you go - instant visualisation :)

nice work so far

noobie
11-30-2006, 08:31 PM
yep the arcs are kinda off... plus when the balls in the air i believe thats when it returns to its original form u have it still squashed at its highest point of the bounce and i dunno if this is the type of ball u wanted but i think the squash and stretch is a little overkill i dunno it seems too much for me.. i dunno if the landing is suppose to be the ball kind of skidding to a halt or not but it looks weird

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2006, 08:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.