PDA

View Full Version : The Maker: Short Animation

Pages : [1] 2

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-12-2003, 12:50 AM
Creating a short animation about a lonely boy who gets bullied at school and one day comes across a poster on the floor....to cut it short he builds a robot takes it to school one day gets confused over the bullies and its creater the robot shorts out the boy is lonely again!
Read the posts Its coming on well.

To read the scripts and everyones progress go to: www.jaxx.8k.com

Wildfire
02-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Hi

I haven't used Max since v 2, so I'm not too good at it. I wouldn't mind helping out with modelling etc. It would be a good chance to get my max skills up to scratch.

Let me know what happens

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Thats fine there must be a way to convert your software files to Max and vice versa.
Also i have got a friend who can help so that makes 3 of us so far if your still interested?
Im working on a story line so we will know what kind of characters we will need if you can think of a theme we can go for please give me some ideas as it would help alot (sci-fi/comedy/horror-ish etc.)
But if you want you can email or if you have a website you could put some images up of some basic characters you do and i can see what your designs consist of and think of a story to go with it.

Thanks for your reply.
Regards.

Wildfire
02-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Cool, If you look at the brainstorming for a mascot thread, there's a WIP robot I'm doing. I'll start using Max if this gets under way, just may be a little slow to get going. Ummm... other character, really I got nothing finished. I'm working on a character with Fireman at the moment, textureing my first ever person, done Zool from the old Amiga game in 3D. Done a few cars.

What sort of poly count are you looking at? High, low, Sub Div Surfaces ok?

Let me know ok?

clusterfuq
02-12-2003, 01:10 PM
i do max, i'm a student looking for stuff for show reel. i'm in

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Thats fine you can use as many polys as you want just do it the way you can do best i dont mind at all, im putting up a character right now that im working on im looking for a 2d look...like ghost in the shell/akira look for this one i dont want anything too detailed but the main thing is making it usable for animation like the side wiggle thingy that south park uses basically, im glad i have got some enthusiastic replies im looking forward to working with you people and see what we can come up with.
I think if we all do at least one character each then we could easily write a script based on the characters we make cause im no good at writing a good story without something to go off on.
well my image is up its on my website here http://jaxx.8k.com check it out and see what you think...
Hope to hear from you all soon.
Regards.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Iv just checked your robot out wildfire and i think its bludy good nice work there pal.

Wildfire
02-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Cheers, just let me know when you plan to start as I have to put max back on my system, as I built a new one the other day.

P.s I mainly use XSI

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Asap the sooner the better iv already started an anime type character and thought about what kind of sets n props we can do first we need some characters so as soon as we get enough we can then start the story then the sets and props and finally animating them, will XSI convert into max files? Just to make it easier on you unless you dont mind seting up Max?
Regards.

illustrativ
02-13-2003, 02:18 PM
im in, i use Lightwave though.If you need any sfx i can get that done, i am also available to composite. check out my site for my works.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Thats good cause i dont think anyone else in interested in compositing or sfx so thanks check my site out and see the characters im looking to make and animate, will i be able to view your files and edit them in max?
Regards

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-13-2003, 03:01 PM
O and i like your website and works very much! Keep up the good work!

Wildfire
02-13-2003, 03:08 PM
Unfortunately XSI does not export ot .max files, but I can export to .obj files. I thin 3D scenery or objects would be better as it would give us the ability to do interesting things with the camera.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Thats good as i can import .obj into max yeah 3d scenery is better but also harder so if your up for it so am i!
Also i looked at your robot and i really like the shader you used could you tell me how you did it please? Im creating a robot for animation and would like the shader you used.
Regards

Wildfire
02-13-2003, 10:06 PM
Hi

There is no shader used on the robot, just a lambert material.

Grosserfrosch
02-14-2003, 12:07 AM
I'll help edit the final product together. I'm skilled with Adobe Premiere, as well as other packages that are a moot point since I don't own them.

illustrativ
02-14-2003, 02:57 PM
this project needs a storyline and some concept arts. hurry up and get some so we can start.

illustrativ
02-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Ok i have hit the Jockpot

Short Title: THE MAKER

A boy feels left out at school, so he devotes all his time to create a robot to keep him happy and be friends with. He one day brings the robot to school with him and a bunch of his enemies, start to terrorize him and it got the robot angry and it turned out into a all out carnage. The police were called to the scene and the robot started to attach them aswell. And now the Robot was out of control, so the little boy decided its time to terminate its life but the robot denied him access. Night and Day the boy worked again to create a weapon powerful enough to Destroy his Robot Friend.

Feel Free to add to this if you wish.

Wildfire
02-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Sounds cool, but I'm not too sure if mass carnage is the way to go, maybe somthing humourous and more light hearted.

illustrativ
02-14-2003, 03:54 PM
hey Wildfire where in London u from? and is this London UK or London Canada?

Wildfire
02-14-2003, 04:07 PM
He man, when I mean no mass carnage, maybe not so much of an attacking and killing people, but attactking people ang somthing funny like shrinking there underwear or shoes? But The basic storyline. The police turn up but it happens to them and then he has to create the ultimate weapon to stop it, maybe because the robot has developed so kinda psycho-obsession with whatever it is.

London UK. Just outside Croydon

illustrativ
02-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeah thats a cool idea. As i said if u want to add somethin to it just add. Now we need someone to draw a design for the boy and a design for the robot. And someone to storyboard this whole thing.

Wildfire
02-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Hey man, where abouts are you from?

illustrativ
02-14-2003, 04:13 PM
Tottenham in North London.

Rice ManX
02-14-2003, 05:22 PM
i dunno maybe il be able to help u guys. its a maybe tho.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Thats a good story may take longer but a really good story there! Im pretty good at storyboarding so il have a go stright away(well not 2nite im out on the town) il probably have it done on sunday tho maybe satday night even.
I really like wildfires robot if you dont mind using that wildfire that would be a good start!
But if everyone could start modelling police cars/bad-ugly looking boys/buildings etc we could get this going.
Regards.

Wildfire
02-14-2003, 07:39 PM
umm you'll have to ask Kirt about the use of the Robot as the design is his. It is K out of the CMYK gang for the forum mascot.

P.c Cool i have friend s who live in Enfield

illustrativ
02-14-2003, 07:54 PM
we could ask kirt to design a robot for us. he will probably have the time.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-14-2003, 08:11 PM
Yeah thats fine if he could that, also if anyone uses msn messenger please put your emails here or if you dont want everyone to see it send a private message or something.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Ok i have just storyboarded a possible first scene and i mean i quickly sketched it im no good at drawing but you should be able to imagine how the scene goes.
I want to know if everyone can understand it and i have described everything good enough for you all?
If you want me to do the storyboarding i will then use the computer to draw and type the storyboards up to make it more clear.
Check out the first scene here http://jaxx.8k.com
Regards.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Ok i have finished storyboarding scene 2 and have started well finished unless someone can tell me a way i could improve it the house for scene 2 from different angles so far we have:
Scene 1 robot poster Storyboard
Scene 2 robot creation Storyboard
Scene 2 house front angle
Scene 2 house side angle

I need someone to create a corridor.

Check website out http://jaxx.8k.com

illustrativ
02-16-2003, 02:13 AM
hey i cant make out some of the words on the story board, could you rewrite the text for me please? From what i have read so far it sounds good.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-16-2003, 12:40 PM
Yeah il do it today, we need someone to create a boy and a corridor for the first scene and if you scroll down my website theres some scenes for scene 2 which i did yesterday tell me what you think.
And we need a concept artist.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-16-2003, 04:08 PM
Finished creating bedroom for scene 2 and finished robot fully animatable i am currently waiting for it to finish its just a little robot dance i will post it on my website will need DIVX to view it.
Updated the storyboard to make it easier to read but please wait for my website to load up then you can scroll down and see all the other pics all pics together add up to about 300kb so may take a while for modem users like me.
Regards.
http://jaxx.8k.com

pwhitlock
02-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Hey guys just to let ya know that I would like to help with compositing, effects and editing for this project. Looking real good so far. Jaxx let me know if you could use my help. I have access to Illusion 2.0, Combustion 2.1, and Avid Xpress DV 3.5. Also Adobe Premiere and After Effects. I also have experience with animation but am not good with modeling. As far as 3d apps i have access to XSI 3, 3DS Max 5, Maya 4.5 Unlimited.

Kirt
02-16-2003, 10:10 PM
illustrativ PM'd me and I told him I'd do something pretty rough. I do have several projects going so you'll have to work with this ...

http://www.cell2000.net/~users/kirtstanke/temp/the-maker-bot.jpg

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-16-2003, 10:48 PM
Yeah pwhitlock youll be very helpful and welcome to help if you want i will send you some 3ds max 5 files that i have done and see what you can compe up with.
Thanks alot Kirt im going to try to model that robot when i have the time really good idea and looks easier to animate than the one i done...
Cheers.

illustrativ
02-16-2003, 11:52 PM
hey thanks Kirt, i love this robot design.Hey Jaxx im gonna start working on the school so ill post some WIP soon.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-17-2003, 12:16 AM
Im starting the robot now.

pwhitlock
02-17-2003, 01:50 AM
Yeah jaxx send them to patw@digitalrom.com since there is no size limit on that account.

illustrativ
02-17-2003, 02:46 AM
ok i have added 2 WIP on the school building, i have just started so its looking kinda crappy at the moment. One is inside the classroom and the other is the building, if you need a different roof let me know.

Inside:
http://uk.geocities.com/utica_2k/classroom_wip_01.jpg (http://uk.geocities.com/utica_2k/classroom_wip_01.jpg?)

And Outside:
http://uk.geocities.com/utica_2k/classroom_wip_02.jpg (http://uk.geocities.com/utica_2k/classroom_wip_02.jpg?)

illustrativ
02-17-2003, 02:57 AM
sorry if you cant see the images, i have been informed that you cant Link from geocities. I will upload them tomorrow.And post the link to them.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-17-2003, 10:52 AM
I know a way of viewing the images you can right click where the image is supposed to be on illustratives post and click properties then copy the url and open a new browser paste it into the address bar and add a question mark at the end... works for me.
http://uk.geocities.com/utica_2k/classroom_wip_02.jpg<---?

illustrativ
02-17-2003, 10:55 AM
hey Jaxx that doesnt seem to work.

psmaster
02-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Orite Jacko, its Choppy, Ill email you the metal textures tonite... If there is anything else you want help on let me know and ill try and sort you out..
.::[Peace]::.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-17-2003, 11:06 AM
Make sure you open a new browser before you paste the url in and add ? after the url...

illustrativ
02-17-2003, 11:08 AM
im gonna create a webisite so i can keep you updated, ill do that today.

Wildfire
02-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Jaxx

So you're doing the robot right? What do you need me to do? I can do part of the robot or somthing else, but tell me the parameters, ie shader to be used etc. then I will export to obj.

P.S as usual Kirt Your design rocks!!

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-17-2003, 01:10 PM
Wildfire

Yeah you could do the top half of the robot if you wanted that allows me to concentrate on putting more details on the bottom half if you look at my current progress thats about as much as im going to model if you want to add the top half?
Il update the image soon.

Wildfire
02-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Ok sounds cool, I will try and get the majority of it done tis week, but I only get in at 9:45 each night so it may tkae a while. I'm on these hours until Friday.

Also when i comes to Lip Synch, I was think, that maybe we should go for suggestive sounds rather than actual words. To give it a bit more of a stylised feel and also lessen the difficulty on people who have little to no lip synching experience. I can do it in SI3D and I think I can do it in XSI, but I'm not too sure.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Yeah thats a good idea we can record our voices that we need and i can change the sound abit using cool edit pro so we dont sound out of place we dont need lip sync really just move the head a little so it looks like it. Im going to post 2 different images of my current progress once iv rendered im using raytrace material so it takes a while...

Wildfire
02-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Ok have been talking to Jaxx and here is a basic plot/script synopsis, please fell free to say what you think.

The whole look: very dark, cinematic, not cartoony, but not ultra real. Lots of orange light, sombre look.

Focus: Relationship between the boy and his robot. The boy's desire for acceptance of any kind, at school at home etc.

Ok, boy goes to school, is bullied by indiscriminate bullies. (Bullies are always blurry figures in background jeering at him)

Boy finds a build your own robot flyer advertising fro a robot. Boy gets kit and spends all night building the robot. He is happy when he is finished.

Still bullied at school boy becomes more attatched to robot and starts cutting class to stay with robot. Sit in room playing with robot, chess, watching tv etc.

One day he takes his robot to school and the robot see all the other people, the bullies call to the robot and the robot starts towards the bullies, but the boy looks upset so the robot turns back, the bullies call more. The robot cannot decide between the mass of people and his creator, so it shorts out and is left standing in the hall. Bullies jeer at him and walk off, leaving boy friendless again.

Ok, a bit depressing I know, but I reckon if we ca get the look right and the expressions on the boys face good the whole thing will look really good.

If anyone doesn't like this please let me know, because I will be drafting a script soon. I think the camera should always focus on the boy or where he should be, ie empty desk etc. This could be soem sort of blur applied in post. This way it means that we have a very stylised look and alot of the background can be lacking in detail, making our job easier.

psmaster
02-17-2003, 07:05 PM
Orite Mark... Ive been playing about trying to make a few textures for your robot. Now do you want a rough kinda metal or a smooth metal, do you want it chrome, or just silver?
ill email you the ones ive done so far to you now. Ive done a few extras too that might help you with your movie, actually one extra... ive done a grained wood effect which i think looks pretty smart... see ya tomorrow...
.::[Peace]:..

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-17-2003, 10:52 PM
ok nice one choppy il cu 2moz anyway,
Wildfire i have found a plugin that exports max files to .XSI can you use this format i have sent you an email with my current progress... Hope it works if it does the exporter is brilliant it can save everything from animation to materials etc.

illustrativ
02-17-2003, 10:58 PM
ok finally i have got a webpage up. You can see all my WIP here:

http://uk.geocities.com/utica_2k/wip.html

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-17-2003, 11:13 PM
That brilliant illustriv especially corridor test 2 i like the effect youve used there il talk to you now...

Kirt
02-18-2003, 06:46 AM
:wavey: Hi guys! I'm glad you liked the robot design. I was afraid that if I helped you, that you'd want revisions. Which I really don't have the spare time to do.

As most of you know, I'm deep in it with my own short film. Which means I'd love to help you out but I need to give concepts to my own guys before they lynch me. :D

Occassionally, I take short breaks to work on any other idea that comes to me, so I'll definately keep you guys in mind when that happens. But try not to expect too much, OK?

You're project sounds great. I hope you find a concept artist to work with you more than I can. This forum should be producing several interesting shorts over time. Which is what we need to attract more artists. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Yeh Thanks Kirt we wont expect too much off you no problem weve got most of it going well the only thing missing is the boy really so if you get any spare time could you design a boy for us preferably small and lonely if you get what i mean?
Thanks for your robot many of my friends are impressed also i cant believe you just said it was a quick sketch it would take me days to do something like that!.
Thanks again.

Wildfire
02-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Ok, I am about to start scripting the first draft. I will email anyone who wants it, a copy as soon as it's finished.

This will aso contain a shot list and a list of thing to be modelled textured. Also another member Diago has Pm'd me and asked if he can join up. He says he is having problems posting at the moment, but we have another one onboard with us now.

I have seen some of his stuff and it's pretty good!

Wildfire
02-18-2003, 07:46 PM
Ok, i have done the script now and sent everyone a copy.

Diago
02-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Hay there. Been talking to Wildfire about the project you guys are working on and it sounds pretty damn cool. Been looking at some of the work and think it looks promising so if you still need people on board I'm always looking to add to my portfolio so if you need the help I need the work. :D

:buttrock: Rock is not an opinion its a way of life :buttrock:

psmaster
02-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Hey guys, ive jus finished two drafts of the poster the boy picks up advertising the robot.. I re-drew part of the robot designed by kirt on paper and just tarted the page up a little in photoshop and corel draw...
Ill make a website and post them there along with the textures i made for the robot...
Ill inform you of any new developments asap...
.::[Peace]::.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Excellent script there Wildfire! It will make it alot easier now we have something to aim for.
My site has been updated with the final(ish) bottom half of the bot if anyone wants anything changed just say so i have used heirachial pivit linking parent-child etc so its animating perfectly for me! Check my site out www.jaxx.8k.com and you will see front,side,back and top view of the bot.
Also Diablo if you have got the script you can start working on some of the props and stuff if you want i have done a house all i need to do is texture it properly.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-19-2003, 04:25 PM
I have finished the bottom half of the bot (Textured Fully animatable) And am a good way through of the house with most textures, just need to create the right lightning have a look...

www.jaxx.8k.com

Post some opinions on here about the bot i have spent a long time trying to texture the way it looks and think it looks ok, but i need some opinions on the house definately.

Wildfire
02-19-2003, 07:43 PM
Ok, the texture of the robot, you need to differentiate between what is blacked out metal and what is robot shell. Um there seems to be a weird specally effect on part of this, is this intentional?

I think the robot shell would be plastic, probably white plastic.Underneath it there would be lots of black parts, maybe metal or maybe plastic, use the specular to differentiate. I will try and do an example later and post it.

The Robot also needs wheel rims and hubs, components that make the wheels work. You should think about how a real wheel on a robot would work, Motor spindle attatched to a hub with a rim bolted to it them to finish it off. The spindle at the moment is also oval this would not turn in real life, so it will also look weird when turning.

On the house, the texturing needs a lot of work, as there is a lot of wierd stretching going on with the wood and the bricks look too procedural, they are procedural aren't they?

Sorry to be so negative, I appreciate you've worked har on these, just kee up the effort and you'll see even better results. Remember this is a long project so we don't need to be finishing it in a week or a month.

I have attatched an example of the delapidated textures that you should go for. Sorry it's a little blurry, weird DOF, Will post a clearer one soon.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Will change it now i dont see the point in creating hubs n stuff like that but have created rims.
Changed textures to plastic look and some other details changed.
The house was just quickly textured and not using procedurals.
Heard that diago's modelling the bedroom look foward to seeing some WIP posted.
Images of bot will be up soon...

www.jaxx.8k.com

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Ok i have changed the bot see details on my site www.jaxx.8k.com
Bot is finally fully animatable spring/wheels/axis etc.
Found an image of a delipidated house on the net thats also on my site and i have started it but if anyone wants to model the house instead just day so because im not that good at architectural modelling to be honest.
Hope there will be some updates off people soon.
Just to keep everybody informed of what everyone is doing so far....we have:

Diago: Modelling bedroom/Maybe modelling boy?
Illustrativ: Modelling School/Corridor
Wildfire: Modelling Top Half Of Bot
Psmaster: Creating image for poster
Kirt: Concept art, hopefully hear from him in the future sometime as he's very busy with his own project.

I think i got all that right...
Anyway hope to hear from you all soon.

NEW WEBSITE!
I Have just finished creating a little website for us all to keep updated with everyones work i have put links to everyones sites i know, the script, team members etc. have a look:cool:
Also if there is any correct information about anyone just let me know and il change it for you i have just quickly done it so i will update all the time.
Same URL as usual but total revamp!

www.jaxx.8k.com

psmaster
02-20-2003, 03:20 PM
:bounce: Hey ppl, my website is finally up and running:bounce:
Fotoshopmasta (http://www.geocities.com/fotoshopmasta)

Im going to re-upload the texture as i had a few problems with the file names and stuff last nite.... promise it will be finished by tonite....

Ive finished the posters, done two designs and they're up on my website... if you have any comments then plz do so and ill change woteva there is to be changed...

.::[Peace ya'll]::.:p

Wildfire
02-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Hi

Sorry I haven't done too much, as I have previously said, I am working late all this week and will get very little time to work in 3D. I think that Diago will be handling the thop half of the robot as I have had experience with his modelling skills before and he would be good at it.

Jaxx If you want mail me the pics of the house and I will do the house, outside and in and probably the bedroom.

If you want to model the props for various scenes that would be good. It need to be done so everyone will have to pull their weight and get the little things doen. Bear in mind that some things will need to be seen up real close so need to be really detailed. ie alarm clock.

Also props for the boys desk will need to be made. Lamps, computer etc.

So as it stands:

Me: House and probably the boy, if I can ever get it drawn

Diago: Robot (or rest of) Jaxx contact him and mail himn the .xsi file

Illustrativ: Corridor ( I have done the plan for thatjust need to scan it or do it in illustrator)

Pmaster: 2D stuff (can you mail me examples of you textures so that i can see them, for some reason I can't open you website.

Jaxx: Bottom of robot and props. (tell me which ones you are modelling so's I don't do them as well.

Things still to be assigned: Bedroom, and classroom.

psmaster
02-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Ive just checked the link i put up to my website... Its working ok... i need to re-upload the webpages, cuz i relinked all the images in the textures page... so once ive fixed that ill let ya'll know... im gettin a web forwarding address so its easyer for ya'll to remember

psmaster
02-20-2003, 10:01 PM
ma sites finished... ive got a url forwarding for u all so here it is
fotoshop master (http://www.nav.to/fotoshopmasta)

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Ok i have asked kirt if he could design the boy and he said he will see what he can find in his archives for us so that might be sorted out, I will have a go at the bedroom i give up on the house though as im better at designing interiors with nice details il email you Wildfire with the ref image for the house.
Also we need everyone to use msn messenger as we need better communication between us all and msn is the most wisely and best used imho.
We need someone to do the classroom maybe illustratives doing it i dont know but if he wants to then thats fine.
But id like to stress that we all should be on msn whenever possible so i have got some links here for those who dont have it:

The main program
All windows except XP/2000
http://messenger.msn.co.uk/download/download.asp?client=1

If you dont have an account with hotmail register for one here...
www.hotmail.com
If you do have an account just download the program and sign in to the program as you usually would when your on the website.

BTW Psmaster if your using Kirts concept design on your poster make sure you leave his signature on it and he wont mind us using it. I like your text effects but maybe abit cheesy with what youve wrote.

illustrativ
02-20-2003, 11:07 PM
ok first and fore most, i think im gonna quit this project. Jaxx you are moving too fast and i start to see everything going wrong. psmaster those textures need to be redone. I will not give any update on the Corridor because i dont think im interested in this project anymore. Maybe ill finish it if i have the time since im gonna start planning my own short.

Good Luck With this Project.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Illustrativ i dont think we are moving too fast theres no rush for anything at all, dont quit now we are just getting started if you think im rushing dont because im not i just want to get everything sorted out so we all know what we are doing.
Im in no way rushing anything so please dont think that.
I dont think we will be using the texture off psmaster but need the poster doing.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-21-2003, 01:50 AM
Right Illustrativ's still in and weve also gained someone else who wants to join he's called Pwhitlock youve prob heard of him he does compositing and video editing and says hel be happy to help when its finished.
Iv been talking to Illustrative and we want everyone to be on Msn messenger please this saturday at 6pm if you can we really need to discuss certain things and see what everyones done so far etc.

illustrativ
02-21-2003, 05:23 PM
ok people an update has been posted, the texture you see there will not be used as i will work on the texture when i am finished modeling, just used it to see how good it would look with texture.

Zmei
02-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Let me know if you need another hand, at modeling and/or animating.Not the best modeller/Animator in town but I can get things done.
I Mainly use Maya 4.5.

Regards.

Luis R. Lobo

psmaster
02-21-2003, 10:44 PM
Which poster fdo you want me to change...?
I thought you wanted a not soo realistic look to the posters... If ure making it cartoony then you dont want the poster to look too realistic.. im working on some new textures i kno the ones ive done look cheesy, but i told you in college i didnt spend much time on them...
Now that i have more time on my hands ill work on them more...

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-21-2003, 10:56 PM
Hey Illustrative your update is looking good! I like your little banner at the top too!
Zmei your very welcome to help we need everybody to be on msn messenger tomorrow (saturday) at 6pm UK time then we can discuss what everyone is doing and anything that is left we can assign them to whoever wants to do them.
So thats it for now i will probably post an update some time tomorrow maybe tonight i dont know.

Wildfire
02-22-2003, 12:01 AM
Hi

Ok, I have almost finished work, finishing this Saturday. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it on the net this Saturday, as I may be going out after hard work this week.

I will be doing the House in 3D Studio Max. If I do the boy I will probably do him in XSI.

Ok I know that everybody is of differing standards out there so hear this: (said the voice of god!;) ) We all need to work really hard on this project and try and get everything to the same standard. This means attention to detail.

Right now it stands @:

Wildfire: House Exterior + Boy(Once designed)
Diago: Robot Top
Illustrativ: Corridor
Jaxx: Props Bottom of robot(Jaxx this means all props, from stuff in the bedroom to stuff in the hallway etc.)

2 be assigned

School room
Bedroom

If I don't manage to make it on tomorrow,
Before anybody starts modelling these can they please draw from a few different angles what exactly they intend to model, just so that it does not clash with what some one else is modelling. Once it is drawn, can they send it to me?

They will need info on exactly where the camera will be placed and how it will be matched up with what somone else is modelling.

eg
For the bedroom, the window and interior walls will have to match the house, but in 3 different angles etc. etc.

Also I will be starting a new job in April so may not get a huge amount of time to work on stuff, but I will try.

Any problems/issues with what I have said plz contact me.

Cheers

Wildfire
02-22-2003, 12:14 AM
Jaxx I am on MSN Now man.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-22-2003, 11:52 AM
Zmei Has joined us and is modelling the vcr as i write this.
Dont forget everyone...
6PM TONIGHT ON MSN MESSENGER
Wildfire is the director for this animation as we can all see from his script he knows exactly what he's doing and what he wants so he will be the best person for this as im sure we all will agree.
Il be posting again sometime today.

Wildfire
02-22-2003, 02:15 PM
Zmei welcome.

illustrativ
02-22-2003, 02:21 PM
hello guys i am now working on the corridor and the Website. Problem with the website is i dont know if you guys want to buy a domain and webspace or use a free space with a .tk redirection instead. Give me your inputs on this.

Wildfire
02-22-2003, 03:19 PM
I think it would be better if we just used a redirect cause buying websapce will be expensive. I work with a mate of mine where we design and build web sites, so if anyone needs flash advice then I can get it. ( I just design it and he builds it) to check out the sort of stuff that would be pretty cool for the project you can look at or current job at: www.wip.aviinc.co.uk

Just and idea, if anyone wants to do flash.

Also Illustrativ, the texture on the corridor looks a little stretched at the bottom of the piucture, is this the picture or the mapping coocrdinate, the best way to check this is to first map everything using a checker board then to make sure all the squares are equal.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-23-2003, 01:38 PM
oo i dont feel good this mornin bad hangover! Just to inform everyone we might have another modeller/animator on board soon.
We shouldnt pay for a domain just use a free one with a nice redirect that would be best.
My bot is finished and you can see it at www.jaxx.8k.com/jaxx.htm if there is any improvements that could be done then tell me as i cannot think of anything else to do as i have tweaked so much and have ran out of ideas now.
I will be finishing off the shelf today just need to scan some books into the computer to texture the books on the shelf.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-23-2003, 06:30 PM
Zmei has an update go to www.jaxx.8k.com/zmei.htm looking good so far.

Wildfire
02-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Looking good Zmei, nice attebtion to detail, just get it textured, now.

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-23-2003, 07:56 PM
I have an update for the bin and the shelf the shelf is not fully textured yet as i need to scan more book covers in and i dont have alot of books so il have to download some images.
http://jaxx.8k.com/update_23_02_03.zip
Username and password required-
Username=jaxx.8k.com
Password=dnuetpotp

Post your opinions please.

Zmei
02-24-2003, 12:17 AM
Well, I have Textured the VCR, but since I suck at it I wonder if any of yuo guys could help me, by giving me tips about how could I texture the model to make it a bit more realistic.

Thanks in advance

Luis R. Lobo

Zmei
02-24-2003, 12:21 AM
BTW, the LCD Panel ins't texture yet, I wanted to have the rest of it (the VCR) nicely textured before I start working on the LCD panel.

So, once again any tips regarding the Texturing of the VCR are more then welcome

Luis R. Lobo

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-24-2003, 01:02 AM
Zmei: The vcr looks good imo i think youve done very well to get it lookin like it is i dont think you will need to get it anymore realistic as i think its good enough for its purpose.
But i wonder what itl look like in black?

Illustrativ: Could you send me your wip corridor in 3ds or obj?

And before i go to bed i have gone through and made a list for what everyones doing and what still needs to be assigned so if anything says "Open" then that is still available for someone to model and some of them im not sure who is modelling so there will be question marks.
Please post if your going to model something for definate.
Here it is...

Modelling Assign's:-

Bedroom- Open

TV- Open
VCR- Zmei -Done/WIP
Alarm Clock- Open
Bed - Will use cloth simulator for the bed sheets- Open
Bedside table- Open
Lamp- Jaxx- Done
Main Light and Shade- Open
Shelves with books etc. on- Jaxx- Done/WIP
Little ornaments- Open
Posters- Psmaster-WIP

Corridor - Illustrativ- Done/WIP

Fire Extinguisher- Jaxx- Done
Posters- Psmaster
Bins- Jaxx- Done

School-Illustrativ?

Wall with Windows (Glass)- Open
School Chairs- Jaxx- Done
School Desks- Open
People in Background- Open

House- Wildfire

Characters
Boy- Wildfire
Robot- Bottom=Jaxx- Done/Top=Diago- WIP

Props
Robot parts- Jaxx- Done
Robot Box- Jaxx- Done
Robot Instructions- Psmaster- WIP
Circuit board- Jaxx- Done
Soldering Iron- Jaxx- Done

Open= Not yet been Assigned.

LAST UPDATED = 25/02/03

Wildfire
02-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Zmei, still looking good! Texture wise, try creating a texture ofor the screen, maybe some sort of digital counter, with the time lit up. Then add the digital template in to the specular channel. This way when the light catches it, you will get that look where you can see the parts of digital displays that are not illuminated, if you know what I mean?

Green and balck maybe?

Also try giving the box a metallic look, you could get away with layering a load of procedural textures for this. I think it's the blend material in max, and I could probably create one in XSI if you are using it. Also maybe some scratches where the tape goes in, not massive ones, just faint ones enhanced by specular.
Plastic iis generally black when it wears, so maybe wear marks on the buttons and corners.

Jaxx:

Diago will be doing the top of the robot.

I like the texture on the fire extinguisher, maybe the whole thing is a little too fat? Also give the handle a little more depth, other than that great!

Where am I? I have been very busy this week with work mainly, and on Sunday I had a family thing. Also I have been working on 3D Studio Max, learning how to texture and model. I need to up to speed with it in a month or so, so am only getting a bit of other work done at the moment.

Also, could you send me the house pics?

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Wildfire: Ok il make the changes to the fire extinguisher today iv tried to send you the picture of the house via email but its either your account or mine thats over its limit so iv hosted it on my website www.jaxx.8k.com/delipidated.jpg right click and save as.

Diago: Are you using Max? If so i will send you my bottom of the robot so you can go from there.

I will Edit the post i did above so everyone knows what they are doing and that is still left instead of creating a new post each time.

[EDIT]
I have uploaded some test animations for the bot and box see what you think also iv changed the fire extinguisher made it thinner and make the handle thicker.

Need Divx Codec to view movies... Dont forget to right click and save target as..

http://www.geocities.com/markjaxson/test2.avi
http://www.geocities.com/markjaxson/box_test.avi
http://www.geocities.com/markjaxson/fire.jpg

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-24-2003, 08:22 PM
I quickly designed a concept for the boys head(in photoshop) with some expressions so tell me what you all think.
www.jaxx.8k.com/the_maker_boy.jpg
Again dont for get to right click and save target as... You will need to do this for every link i gave you when its a remote linking so Im not going to write this again and i dont want anyone saying "It doesnt work!"

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Most of the props on their own...
http://www.jaxx.8k.com/jaxx.htm

[Edit]
Finished the circuit board and the soldering iron im having trouble creating the metal for the end of the s-iron so if any one knows how to create a REALLY shiny metal please inform me.
www.jaxx.8k.com/solder.jpg
This is the link for the solder iron and circuit board together with a little smoke for nice effect.

Diago
02-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Jaxx man you just be all like one of those crazy people who work 24/7. The work seems to be coming on nicely. Remember we are not working to a dead line so yes it is nice to get thing done but also try to think detail. Jaxx man the extinguisher (god I wish I could spell) looks really good especially now you've thinned it down a bit. Bin looks nice too. I don't know if its the way the image looks on the web but the room seems a little squashed, also the lamp is ok but the flex is too thick the head is a little small and the bulb is to big (sorry that sounds harch) My advise look at a lamp and think of proportions, switch on the base and a cord to be added but yeah cool good to see such progress. Right well to prove I'm not all mouth and no action I hope to have at least an arm of the robot posted by this time tomorrow plus if you need any inbetween things to be done like little extras to add to scene depth or anything to make sure areas aren't bare then I'm your man.

Right well yeah I'm gonna get to it and I'll post again later

:buttrock: Sometimes your greatest enemies are your best allies :buttrock:

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-25-2003, 09:06 PM
Diago: LOL... I dont usually do this much its just im bored shitless and am doing so much stuff because (Its half term and everyones on holiday except me!)and im going out wednesday/thursday and probably saturday because i need some (Alot!) alcohol to numb this boring week! So i thought id get some stuff done before im out for the last part of the week.
Anyway thanx for your c&c's the bedroom was just quickly thrown together cause i was curious as to what it would look like when everythings in but im not doing the bedroom unless no-one else wants to do it id rather not doit though. About the lamp then...well i didnt have a reference for a lamp so i tried to get the image out of my head so i will work more on it and get it up2 scratch.
I just wanted to do most of the props and then come back to see everyones c&c's so i could make them better, trust me im in no rush and il be looking foward to seeing your arm whenever i get the chance over the next couple of days.
And about extra's you want to do... well i think you would have to ask wildfire about that one he knows more about how this short is going look but if you look at one of my old posts there should be all the sets and props listed so if you want to do anything that no-one else is doing then that would be brilliant.
Nice to hear from you aswell.

Zmei: I sent you an email with a possible LCD screen did you recieve it?

Wildfire
02-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Ok, guys, everything looks like it's going fine. Jaxx, haven't go much to say that Diago hasn't, maybe actually model the bulb, the filament and all, so that rather than using a self illumination material, we ca put a nice transparentish glow on it.

I will turn somthing out soon, the only thing is that I'm trying to get up to speed in max and do it in max, if it looks like it is taking too long then I will do it in XSI.

Starting the house today.

P.S I'll be on MSN from about 6 ish tonight, if anybody need to talk to me.

TheFreak
02-26-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi guys,

I would love to help out here if you still need a hand.

I'm still a bit of a noobie but i will hopefully be able to give you a hand.

i have dabbled in Max but i'm trying to get to grips with Lightwave at the moment.

You can have a look at some of my work here

http://freakrhw.users.btopenworld.com

it's a mix of max and lightwave, just a pile of images nothing organised as yet and no actual html (need to get that sorted, i'm such a lazy c***)

can you post an updated project list so i know what is still open?

Thanks

illustrativ
02-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Yeah another lightwaver, good to see you wanting to join the project, there must be something here for you to do, make some chairs and desks for the classroom for me please, will be needed for the classroom scene.

TheFreak
02-26-2003, 04:51 PM
any particular style you want?

have you any screens of the classroom in it's current state?

illustrativ
02-26-2003, 05:35 PM
i had one done before, but since i have designer the corridor, i wont be using that one anymore. So as soon as i have finished the corridor i will get back to the classroom.

TheFreak
02-27-2003, 01:51 AM
Hi Folks,

OK i did a very simple draft of the chair, it's not exact cause i just made it up as i went along :)

anyway here is the render, as you can see it still requires a lot of work but i didn't have much time tonight.

http://freakrhw.users.btopenworld.com/chair0001.jpg

also the image looks a bit dodgy in mine i.e. very blocky fading from one shade to the next. Could be my monitor but if not do you have any ideas how to sort this? (lightwave btw :))

Thanks

illustrativ
02-27-2003, 02:34 AM
yeah this is looking good so far, when you have finished it can u send me the .lwo file, and if u working with any layers dont flatten them before u send it to me.Keep up the good work.

Diago
02-27-2003, 10:13 AM
ok guys i have modelled the arms for the robot. (after many problems trying to work out how they look) anyways. I have no way to post them so I was wondering if Jaxx would be so kind as to give me his email address so I can post them to him and he can update his site with them. (sorry dudes just don't have any web space yet) right well thats it. oh apart from textures, how is this robot gonna look. Does it need scratches, rust, dents. Or is it all shiny and new, plus is it brushed chrome or standard or steel. Just I can't texture it without your guys imput so let me know your feelings / ideas. cheers.

illustrativ
02-27-2003, 03:26 PM
i go with brush chrome, can u email me the images aswell so i can have a look, i can upload them to my site aswell so start sending.

Email address: l2go3@hotmail.com

illustrativ
02-27-2003, 03:29 PM
oh yeah almost forgot, ppl whatever u model dont textue it as yet, because we dont seem to have a color scheme that we will be working off as yet, so some ppl maybe will texture something and it dont fit into the scene right. So for now just model, u can texture just for test purposes.

Zmei
02-27-2003, 03:30 PM
you can always attach a file to your post, near the submit button there is a browse buton, press it search for the image, and press ok, the image will be attach to your post and hosted by CGTalk.

Regards.

Luis R. Lobo

illustrativ
02-27-2003, 03:31 PM
but you are limited to 20000 bytes, so u would have to compress the image with something like photoshop first to get the file size down.

Wildfire
02-27-2003, 03:35 PM
Hi

Ok, I have actually started somthing now, the house, you'll have to forgive me, it's only my 4th day using Max 5, as I haven't really used it at all since R2, I will post an update later. I'm just debating how much detail to model and how much to texture.

The Robot, umm, I don't think that brushed chorme whould be too good for all of it as it will create all sorts of problems rendering, as in if we remove walls to get the camera into certain scenes, there will be nothing to reflect. Also it is a robot kit, so I'm thinking of shiny white plastic, with brushed black metal and plastic parts. Also to create good chrome it is usually good to use HDRI, and this will take forever to render. So a nice phong or Bilnn will do and bring the dtail out with a good specular map. Can't really say much more until I see the image. If youcan send me the file. Also Diago, I know you're not all mouth, that's Malky Mac!;)

Diago are you using XSI or SI3D? Just render out a small jpeg and post it.

The chair looks good, just make the edges a little more sharp on the seat and for the desk. Sorry can't help with LW, I'm using max and a newbie at that, can only really help with XSI

Wildfire
02-27-2003, 03:40 PM
The colour scheme, is to be kinda dark drab, which will be offset by warm lighting, yellow and orange light. So no really bright colours please. With lots of big shadows that makes it look a bit moody.

The robot will be white and black and be the only thing that looks shiny and new. Kinda a bright spot in an otherwise old and ordinary world. So as long as the colours are kinda toned down that is good.

Sort of "Blood:the last vampire" look, if anyone's seen it. Diago, I know you have.

Zmei
02-27-2003, 03:47 PM
About the texturing, in my opinion, the texturing should be made by a couple of guys who use the same software, and are good at it (texturing) cause since most of us have diferent software, maybe when we export the textured model, it probably won't look exactly the same (texture wise), not to mention the colour scheme, its alot easier a guy or two texturing, make it coerente (not sure about the word), then a bunch of guys.

my 2 cents

Luis R. Lobo

illustrativ
02-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Freak since u need to fix the edgesof the desk and the chair, do u have any edge bevel tools if not get Daz Edge Bevel plugin its free or you can just selected the edges when in sub-d mode and smooth shift it and you will get a sharp edge.

TheFreak
02-27-2003, 05:59 PM
hey thanks for the tip illustrativ, i will maybe give thata go tonight

The chair does need a lot of work but thats all i managed last night, i didn't have much time to do anything and it could be the same tonight. However if i have the time i will post an update.

Also, the only pics i have seen are the ones that Jaxx has posted and what is available on the web site. So if there is anything else out there please drop me a mail

Thanks

illustrativ
02-27-2003, 06:55 PM
here is my work in Progress.

Diago
02-27-2003, 07:45 PM
ok I think Zmei is onto something with the texturing idea. Lets concentrate on the modelling and tyhen worry about texturing. To answer your question Wildfire I'm using both XSI and Soft 3D. Still getting to grips with some areas of XSI but hay rome wasn't built in a day. As it stands I like the idea of a black and white robot (sort of like that Bjork video that is quite old now but it has a good feel) However I'm not sure if it will work on this robot but will certainly try to make it. So as it stands I will just apply materials and then send my work to either Jaxx or illustrativ to update. Oh and whats the poly limit cos my forearm is around 500 polys but in sub div its around 2000 so let me know how low to stay or how high to go. Right well thats about it. I'll get working on the materials and see how they fit then hopefully finally show you guys some stuff.

TheFreak
02-28-2003, 12:00 AM
Hi Folks,

OK i got the chair to a state i like. Please feel free to crit and comment. Nothing is written in stone here.

Front
http://freakrhw.users.btopenworld.com/Maker/Chair.jpg

Back
http://freakrhw.users.btopenworld.com/Maker/chairback.jpg

Thanks for any comments

if you are happy with this i will pass it to illustrativ, and begin something else

illustrativ
02-28-2003, 12:52 AM
looking good, can u add some more light so that i can see the back render better. The desk is looking nice now.

TheFreak
02-28-2003, 01:40 AM
I increased the light a bit more and messed with the exposure to help it out a bit.

Hopefully it looks better now

same link as before cause i just overwrit the old pic

illustrativ
02-28-2003, 01:47 AM
yep looks good.

Wildfire
02-28-2003, 04:19 PM
Spot on with the chair!!
:thumbsup:

I have finished the main shape of the house now and am moving on to details, doors, lights etc. Sorry again about the slow progress, but max is not my native environment.

TheFreak
02-28-2003, 05:09 PM
ok then i'll pass the lwo file to illustrativ

anything else you need done?

also i can't see a lot of the pics that are mentioned at the start of the thread. all i see are the pics inn the WIP sections so i have no real access to the storyboard pics etc.

If these are still available can you send me links

Thanks

{-=Jaxx=-}
02-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Hello everyone,
I havent been online because iv had a few nights out and my pc that acts for a server for mine is down i think its something to do with the psu so im getting it fixed on saturday so i will hopefully be back online by then, also the progress looks really good so far!

TheFreak: Welcome, wildfire has the script so maybe he could send you it we dont have any drawn storyboards as of yet. Also you could check my site and go to the story page and get the script from there.
Your chair looks brilliant.

Diago: If you still need to send your pics to me then send them to markjaxson@hotmail.com and i will upload them on my site as soon as i get back online.

Zmei: Thats a good idea about the texturing so im with that idea definately.

Wildfire: mmm dont have anything to say really just looking foward to seeing an update of your house.

Illustrativ: Nothing really...

Ok im going now im on my next doors neighbours computer so i will probably post tomorow but if not it might be monday because my girlfriends coming back off holiday so weve gota lota catchin up to do!
Bye.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-01-2003, 12:26 AM
Ok im back online these new modem risers are bitches to set-up!

I have updated the log so everyone can see what is available for modelling Iv taken the ones that are currently assigned to save space but all these still need to be taken up...

Bedroom- Open
TV- Open
Alarm Clock- Open
Bed - Open
Bedside table- Open
Little ornaments- Open
Wall with Windows (Glass)- Open
People in Background- Open

Wildfire: You said i could model the bulb with filament aswell but i was thinking if we arent going to see it that close up and in detail then its just a waste(imo).

I will update my site asap il just wait for Diago to send me a render of the arms then i will post everything updated including TheFreaks chair.

[Edit]
Website updated all my models updated lamp has been more detailed and new render of bot up and TheFreaks chair is on Jaxx's Page also.

btw TheFreak iv seen some of your work but what happened to joans tits?:)

TheFreak
03-01-2003, 01:28 AM
Hey nice to se the update on the web site :)

ok well i guess i'll do the alarm clock, i'll base it on my own clock. hopefully i'll have something up soon

Ta

illustrativ
03-01-2003, 01:42 AM
ok since ppl think ive quit or something here is an update for you all

the reason for me not posting any updates that much these days is because im trying to learn PHP,LScript,C++ and Premeire.

Wildfire
03-01-2003, 10:26 AM
Hi

Ok, Jaxx, it is always good to model the details as we are not working to a poly count, the self illumination material that you have on the bulb at the moment looks vey fake also the lamp may be seen close up, for example, when tracking out from the alarm clock. It may be seen in some detail. You never know exactly what may be seen. It's not what is there that is noticed, it is what is not there. Also remember that as we are not working to a poly count, there is no subsitiution for geometry.

I will post a shot of the house soon, it looks a bit hokey because it has no textures or anything, but I will fix that soon. I took yesterday off to do some DVD authoring and had to work on Wednesday so I will get around to doing it soon.

I also got a whole bunch of things to do in Premiere and After FX, got to be done for March 13th(You know what I'm talking about Diago ;)) I a got to do more details, like door knocker:wip: and outside lamps. So I will get it done soon,

As well ast his and my XSI stuff I have a web site that's got to be done so al in all I am very busy at the moment. But keep up the good work everybody!:thumbsup: The main thing is that all of this has to be done before I move up North at the end of the Month. So it's all a bit crazy at the moment :eek:

Oh yeah, as far as the people in the background, we'll use Poser characters. Generally I hate these, but I'll make an exception this time.

illustrativ
03-01-2003, 02:16 PM
ok everyone, we have had a discussion and decided to pair ppl up to do certain part of the project based on the software you using.

So can you all state what software you all using please.

Im using Lightwave.

Wildfire
03-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Ok, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong:

Wildfire: Max 5 + XSI 3.0

Illustrativ: LW

Jaxx: Max 5

Zmei: Maya 4.5

Freak: LW + Max

Diago: SI3D 3.91 + XSI 1.5

Psmaster: Photoshop

So Groups:

1). Illustrativ + Freak

2). Jaxx + Zmei (+Wildfire if needed)

3). Wildfire + Diago

4). Psmaster + everyone, I assume everyone can use photoshop to some degree.

All we got to do is keep track of what each group is doing, so as people don't do things for another groups scene then it can't be read.

Zmei
03-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Maya 4.5 here.

BTW, I'm going on a little vacation, I'll be back wendesday or thursday.

TheFreak
03-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Yup Wildfire has me correct,

but prolly more lightwave than Max

so i'll work with Illustrativ, i had a go at the alarm clock but it was a bit crap so i'll start it again when i get a chance.

still trying to figure out a style for it, i suppose digital would be the easier animated (having no moving parts) but perhaps mechanical (bell & ringer type) might work better in the scene.

Whats your opinion folks?

Wildfire
03-01-2003, 02:56 PM
Up to you Freak, if you read the script there are major close ups of the clock and there is a time lapse on it so maybe a normal one would be better just to show this, rather than chnaging the texture? But then maybe a boy who builds robots and is into computers and things wouldn't have a normal one? Upto you, just remember that the display will have to change. Maybe the textuire could be an animated one produced in Affter FX?

Psmaster, could you do this? Liase with Freak about it.

Wildfire
03-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Arrrgghhh, Nooo!! anothe rdifferent package!. All we need is a Cinema 4D guys to be complete!

Zmei
03-01-2003, 02:57 PM
defenitly the mechanical one, IMo of course, It wont be too dificult to animat, as you will only need to make a clip of the ... (things ,pointers?, that let us see the time) and repeat it over and over, and since they only rotate, its prety easy.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-01-2003, 03:04 PM
I say a normal clock aswell be very easy to animate whereas digital will be alot harder (imo) but its up2 zmei whateve he finds easiest.
I could work with Diago as i can import export .xsi files and hes doing the top of bot which we need to be able to swap files...

Wildfire
03-01-2003, 03:19 PM
I think that Diago is mainly using SI3D so that creates a few issues, but check with him. Send him a pm or email.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-01-2003, 03:45 PM
I was thinking that compositing could help us out?

TheFreak
03-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Ok i think mechanical clock as well, i'll try and think of something good though, like the hands of the clock look like wee robot arms or something

kinda like those micky mouse clocks you see only not micky mouse :)

i'll work on that as soon as i have a chance

Wildfire
03-01-2003, 05:36 PM
Compositing, why? To do the hands? Why complicate things? For a digital clock, create and avi of the right dimensions, in After FX and map it of or for the mechanical one, just animate the hands going round.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-01-2003, 06:10 PM
No i meant for the end result cause if we have problems with cross platforms we can composite everything if you get what i mean.
You can just model the hands of the clock and rotate them fast and darken the lighting to give the effect of time passing yeah?

Wildfire
03-01-2003, 07:12 PM
The lighting will be different if we try compositing, the best thing is to give th boy, when he's done, to each team doing each shot, the render out the whloe thing is one specific package so that the render will look the same, for example, you can easily tell the difference between the max rnenderer and Mental ray, even Mental ray 2.1 (max and maya) is very different to 3.

But we will bridge this when we come to it.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-01-2003, 08:14 PM
Yeah thats better, aslong as someone else can rig the boy because im not too good at rigging but im ok.

illustrativ
03-01-2003, 08:35 PM
ok for the clock. Make it mechanical and animation it in Lightwave is easy, i can get that done if u not that advanced with lightwave asyet The Freak. or as seen this is a learning project, u see in modeler after u have created the hands in seperate layers, create endomorph targets for each, then in layout u can easily tweak it. if u dont know about endomorphs, i can help u when u are ready to do it.

psmaster
03-02-2003, 01:07 AM
Hiya guys, sorry for the lack of updates, but nothing seems to be going rite for me and my computer... my monitor fcuk'ed up on me, so ive had to spend money on a new 1... then my hdd got currupt files cuz ma bro bin downloadin some dodgy files... ive searched for pron but it wernt that... :thumbsdow
anyway now that i have sorted it all out im back and ready for woteva is needed... i was experimenting in photoshop and came up with a smart lcd type effect... im going to work on the digits for the screen and post it on my site asap and u all can decide if u want to use or not....

Also... i didnt quite understand wot u wanted me to liase about with the freak... fill me in please... and i dont have after effects, mite be able to get it but ill have to check

cheers
P:S:Master
Ova and out
:beer:

TheFreak
03-02-2003, 01:49 PM
Hey Illustrativ that sounds good with the endomorph thing, my animation skills ate slim to none so any help would be great.

I havn't had a chance to even start the clock, hopefully i will look at it some time today,

i'll update you all then

also whats your email Illustrativ and i'll mail you the lwo for the chair

later

Diago
03-02-2003, 06:22 PM
sorry about my lack of everything but I've been feeling a little rough of lattly and have been bed bound for the last few day so haven't posted or worked on to much. I am using Soft 3D for some of the stuff, but I am also using XSI so If you need all my files as .xsi files then that not a problem Jaxx. oh and can I get your email address so i can post you some images for you to update onto your website. right well thats me over and out for now. oh yeah if you need a Cinema 4D guy I can be that hahahahaha *laughs* shit man thats oogly (private joke for few to enjoy)

:buttrock: sometimes your greatest enemies can be your best allies :buttrock:

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-02-2003, 10:10 PM
My e-mail is markjaxson@hotmail.com
just email me files with whatever you got in .3ds or .obj and just send me your images aswell.

TheFreak
03-03-2003, 02:37 AM
OK Folks,

I had a go at the clock, tell if you like it so far and what you would like added, removed changed etc.

I'm no texture wizz but i had to add some to give you an idea of what i was doing with the design (kinda a wacky robot clock). I'll probably need to re design/texture the hands/arms again as they look a bit odd, i think. Tell me what you think?

I havn't modeled any detail on the back, i dunno if we need this, if not then i don't see the point in spending time modeling it.

anyway it's located at

http://freakrhw.users.btopenworld.com/Maker/clock2.jpg

i'll make a WIP page soon so you can get a better look at these things

Later

Wildfire
03-03-2003, 12:05 PM
Freak, man. I love the clock!! Yeah, don't bother modelling the back as it won't be seen. Only thing, can you make the silver rima reflective, maybe map an HDRI as the reflection map, does LW support that? Only a little thing but excellent work!!

For the animation, can you not justmove the pivot for the hands to their centre and keframe them with normal animation? Morphing it seems a little overkill to me. But any way if you read the script, there is only a little bit of movement needed for the clock hands as, the majority of the time lapse will be done by cross disolve when editing.

Jaxx I'll probably rig the boy as I reckon I'm probably the most experienced at rigging characters, this will be in XSI though. Then I reckon it will be Diago. Unless anyone else has had any rigging experience.

TheFreak
03-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi Wildfire

Glad you like the clock, as for the texture i didn;t really add anything to the rim, i originally wanted it metal but i thought i would wait until everything was completed and then discuss textures. Perhpaps Illustrativ has more experience with LW and texturing than i do.

Anyway i'm still not 100% happy with the hands on the clock so i might fix them as well.

as for the animation i think you 100% correct, the hands are all seperate and the pivot could be set to allow easy movement. Yet again i might need Illustrativ to show me this :) i can do it in Max but i havn't needed to do it in LW yet. Suppose i could read the manual :P i'm such a lazy noob .....LOL

as for rigging (just so you know) my experience = zero :) although if someone has character studio it might help things along? just an idea, it looks so easy to use, but i could be wrong...anyway i'll post any updates when i get em done, probably this afternoon.

Oh on a final note i might add some alarm bells on the top of the clock, it looks a bit bare up there....what you think good idea? or would the reflections cause more trouble than it's worth?

Later

PS still working on a WIP page....i'll keep ye's posted

illustrativ
03-03-2003, 01:52 PM
hey nice Clock, me like it. i know u aint finished yet but the glass on the clock needs more refraction, so set the refraction index to a small number like 0.001 and make sure u have on refraction when u rendering. And as for the frame i think HDRI is an over kill for any render, you could still get the metal effect by just using normal rendering procedure. ill give u information on that at a later date. I think my corridor is complete now, so is there anything else for me to do, since im about to stop using lightwave for awhile and jump on the freeware train of Wings3D and Blender. Dont worry i aint gonna leave lightwave forever just taking a break.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-03-2003, 02:19 PM
TheFreak:Excellent clock man cant wait2 see it animated! Just one little thing i cant work out which is the hour hand and which is the minute hand maybe you could make it more obvious? I wouldnt use hdri if i were you itd take a long time to render but its up to you.
Illustrativ: You could do the school or bedroom?

Sorry for the lack of updates im very rough at the moment havent slept for 2 days and feel very rough from last week and i cant concentrate fully also im going paris on friday and wont be back till sunday so i should be alright by next week if i dont over do the drinkin at the weekend.
Anyway everythings looking good.

[Edit] Ok just done a test render with illustrativs corridor and the fire extinguisher+bin www.jaxx.8k.com/corridor.jpg
Remember to right click and save target as...

TheFreak
03-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Glad to see everyone likes the clock :)

the hour hand will be the bent one, it should look shorter because of this but currently it doesn't,(hence me needing to re do them )

I'm actually condisering starting the clock again as i think there is quite a poly count with the lathing i did for the outer areas. Anyway i'll check that out tonight. Shouldn't take to long anyway.

Finally, i hear some of you talking about MSN Messenger, just wondering what your names etc were, i'm there under richard_w_tsp@msn.com gimmie a shout if you get a chance, it would be nice to talk to people on a real time basis :)

Later

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-03-2003, 04:04 PM
TheFreak Dont worry about the poly count as the scene where it will be used close up will be on its own and where its not it will be seen smaller so it wont take long to render i mean my poly count for the lamp is something like 15000+
I have added you to my contact so next time you loggin youll see my contact.
Your clock looks good enough i wouldnt waste time doing it again if i were you but the hands just need to be noticable for which ones hour/minute apart from that its brilliant well done :thumbsup:

Wildfire
03-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Ummm... has anybody done any HDRI tests? And the tried to fake it using a standard environment map?

The clock is going to be seen up very close, like the whole screen, so it is quite important. But I am talking about plugging the HDRI map into the reflection channel, not using it as an illumination map. This would give great reflections on the metal bits, and it can be taken off for the wider shots. But it depends if the renderer supports it.

Illustrativ, HDRI is not overkill in some situations, I'm not sure how much experience you've had with it but it give really good reflections close up. It is overused I reckon to showcase images, but maybe for the close ups it would be good. But if you have more experience in this area please tell me. Maybe we can create a work around.

Also the corridor end still needs to be fixed, the stairs go into the roof.

Keep it up. I am onto the texturing phase now, for the house and will post it wioth basic colour maps soon. Sorry about the delay, I am currently house hunting and trying to learn areas of max as I need it for my job.

TheFreak
03-03-2003, 05:46 PM
OK well i'm going to do the hands again cause i'm not happy with them and then i'll leave it.

I have been messing abut with some animation today using expressions so i'll try and render a quick move to show the hands moving. When you see them moving you will have a better idea of the minute and hour hand. But i'll also fix that with the new hands tonight.

As for the HDRI i can't see why we couldn't do it so i'll also have a look at that tonight and if i can i'll create a render with that on it. If the clock is going to be used in a close up shot then we neeto make it with stand the detailed closeup.

Ok so assuming i finish the clock tonight what else needs to be done?

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Ok there isnt alot left to do we just need a concept for the boy and the school modelled maybe you could do that?
Theres also some other stuff for the bedroom you could do below...

TV- Open
Bed - Open
Bedside table- Open
Little ornaments- Open

illustrativ
03-04-2003, 12:38 AM
ok ppl just to make sure no-one else go start modeling something which isnt compatable with what im doing let me tell u what is gonna be done by me and the freak.

The Classroom - illustrativ
The School - if The Freak want to do it or i will do it

Well thats basically our work for now.

TheFreak
03-04-2003, 08:57 AM
well after all my big promises with the clock last night i didn't get it finished :)

Spent too long trying to figure out UV Textures :)

anyway if i get a chance tonight i'll finish it off and try and get a small animation of the hands going round.

Ta for now

TheFreak
03-05-2003, 12:13 AM
Ok i've got the clock done so that i am currently happy with the look, i have also created a small web site to show these WIP's and other stuff.

It's located at http://freakrhw.btopenworld.com or you can go directly to the maker stuff on http://freakrhw.btopenworld.com/projects.html

I have added a very basic and boring movie of the clock, the reaosn it's boring is because it's in real time, i was just messing with expressions and that's how it turned out. Anyway if you look at it, just skip through till near the end so you can see how the hands move.

As always comments are welcome and any more updates i do i will add to the site.
I'll try the HDRI soon and post that up too

Later

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-05-2003, 01:08 PM
TheFreak: I now know which is the min/hr hand now so well done on that also the animation is v.accurate well done...just one thing you were right the animation was v.borin but once its been speeded up and lighting change it will look excellent.Well Done!
Zmei: Are you doing the TV? I think youd be the best as youve done the vcr so i guess it would look better as you could match the look of them both.

I could do...

Bed
Bedside table
Light and Shade

So that leaves the little ornaments left which i cant see the reason for this as ornaments usually are in old-ish ppls houses so i was thinking just little toys/sports equip/ young boys interest really?

TheFreak
03-05-2003, 02:05 PM
loads of porno mags then all over the floor :))

i'll see if i can think of any toys to make for the room, and i swear no ann summers rejects ;)

Or maybe i'm suppost to make the school?? although i have no idea what it is suppost to look like? does anyone have ref images for what they think would work? or Wildfire do you know how much of the school is needed? i.e front door, whole building??? etc.

btw i've had the chance to talk to Jaxx and Illustrativ on MSN Messenger (and sound blokes they are too) but no body else. So feel free to message me, although sometimes i'm online but afk so if i don't answer don't be offended :)

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Exactly what i was thinking TheFreak porn mags/videos naked posters :)
I dont think the actual school buiding is mentioned in the script but wildfire will have a better idea if its needed or not?I talked to zmei or illustrativ about this although i cant see why we need it really because i dont see the point in seeing the school as the audience will figure out they are in a school from the corridor and classroom scenes. Maybe thats just me though.
Anyway i wont have any updates or anything probably till next week sometime but il keep posting up till thursday then i wont be able to check whats going on till monday.

Wildfire
03-05-2003, 05:13 PM
The School is not needed really, as only internal shots are used. Uh.. who is making the bedroom? Because whoever it is needs to see the house first to make sure that the shape is the same as the proposed room in the house.

I think it would be best if the contents for the room will be done in max or at least given to someone in max format.

I'm not too keen on pron mags or pictures of naked women on the wall, just becasue it will kill the whole atmosphere of seriousness. Maybe a poster of Buffy or somthing like that? It's the sort of theing a teenage boy would have on his wall. Besides what kind of person actully leaves that sort of stuff around?

I haven't done anything on the house lately, I've been too busy looking for houses and arguing with my bank also had to do an XSI project. I was also in the process of bidding for a freelance job. But when I figure out how to export the UVs I will get back to the texturing. I got texporter, but haven't used it yet. I textured the door though.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-05-2003, 05:27 PM
I wasnt being serious wildfire just writing what a teen lad would have in his bedroom...
I will do the bedroom if someone else models some of the props like lamp shade, most of the props have been modelled in max but once their all done everyone can convert them and send them to each other so it will be easier for the scenes to come together.
I dont think we should do posters or anything that could distract the viewer from whats happened cause if i were watching this animation and i saw a poster of buffy or some other half naked sexy lass i think i would be v.distracted from whats happening in the scene but thats just me and im guessing every other hot blooded male would too. Best to keep the room simplified and dont model anything thats not needed and has no relevance to the film.
Wildfire: I think in max you can use the unwrap uvw modifier maybe you could try using that? Looking foward to seeing an update also could you tell Diago to send me the arms to my hotmail address?

pwhitlock
03-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Finally my account is back up. Things are lookin good guys keep it up. I have a bedside table that I could send someone in 3ds format. Let me know. I want to do something useful. Anyway just let me know.:)

TheFreak
03-05-2003, 06:34 PM
hehehe the porn was only a joke :)

anyway using textporter (quick and dirty) is pretty easy. Just add the UV Mapping to the object and then use the textporter plugin on the Utilities Tab (Hammer) it was under the More.. button for me.

Then use the Pick object button and click on the object. It will render an image that you can save and then use as your map.

obviously there are a few more settings than that but that will get you started :) i didn't get much further than that when i last used it :) (see WIP head with texture on website)

Ta for now

Wildfire
03-05-2003, 06:42 PM
So does texporter unwrap it? Or can you aadd a UV Unwrap, which I have done, Got all trhe coordinates sorted out, then add textporter? All I want it to do is to export my co ordinates that I have already unwrapped to a file that I can paint on.

TheFreak
03-05-2003, 07:31 PM
any time i have used textporter i just added a UV Map, lets say a cylinder and then ran textporter and it created the map for me. Then i painted on that and created a texture in the material editor.

found this site have a look and see what you think

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/9490/ktx/texport.html

Later

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-05-2003, 07:32 PM
Hey pwhitlock nice to see you here again! You could send me the bedside table in 3ds if you can?If your on msn messenger my contact is markjaxson@hotmail.com if not just send it to the address. You could do the bed,main light with shade or tv or all of them if you want? Any help is appreciated greatly!
btw if your on msn most people are on in this team so you could speak to some of them aswell.

pwhitlock
03-06-2003, 01:41 PM
I will send you the table today and then i'll get started on the bed and then maybe the tv. And I am not currently on MSN but I will set myself up an account later today as well.

TheFreak
03-06-2003, 01:48 PM
hey pwhitlock, if you make it onto MSn give me a shout too and i'll give you a hand if you need it.

use this email to add me richard_w_tsp@msn.com

I could possibly do the TV for you if you want to concentrate on the bed. Not sure if the bed is going to be animated though, if not then it would be a lot easier to model and you wouldn't need cloth simulations and the like.

anyway give a shout or add me anyway and i'll give you a shout when i'm online.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Ok guys this is probably going to be my last post till next week some time so i have updated the log and it looks like weve got most of it done well at least got everything assigned to someone here it is...

Modelling Assign's:-

Bedroom- Open

TV- PWhitlock
VCR- Zmei- Done
Alarm Clock- TheFreak- Done
Bed - PWhitlock- Done
Bedside table- PWhitlock- Done
Lamp- Jaxx- Done
Main Light and Shade- Jaxx
Shelves with books etc. on- Jaxx- Done
Little Toys- TheFreak
Posters- Psmaster

Corridor - Illustrativ- Done

Fire Extinguisher- Jaxx-Done
Posters- Psmaster
Bins- Jaxx- Done

School-Illustrativ

Wall with Windows (Glass)- Illustrativ
School Chairs- TheFreak- Done
School Desks- TheFreak- Done
People in Background- Poser?

House- Wildfire

Characters
Boy- Wildfire
Robot- Bottom=Jaxx- Done/Top=Diago

Props
Robot parts- Jaxx- Done
Robot Box- Jaxx - Done
Robot Instructions- Psmaster
Circuit board- Jaxx- Done
Soldering Iron- Jaxx- Done

Open= Not yet been Assigned.

Ok thats it im off to my g/friends and il be almost in paris this time tommorow!
Cya all soon.

TheFreak
03-07-2003, 09:38 AM
So does anyone have any ideas for toys for this guys bedroom?

I was talking to Jaxx and we thought that a console would be an option but as far as either of use could remember we didn't really have toys when we were teens.

Any ideas are welcome

Later

Wildfire
03-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Toys..... Hmmmmmm.....

Maybe a couple of action figures, they'd look really good next to the clock for the close ups. Depends on whether anybody can be bothered to model any. I may have a good one, but I got to ask fireman if I can use it first (his design). I mean I sstill have action figures!

Maybe a load of model aeroplane boxes stacked in a corner, just a load of textured boxes.

What sort of random things do kids get into? You know the sort of things that they get, use for 10 minutes then forget about it?

Toy cars? I have aload of cars that I've done that could be used. Also clothes, lying around. They don't need to be cloth simulations only objects.

Maybe also a wardrobe and chest of drawers. Stereo system, with CD's. Stuff like that.

P.S

Who is doing the actual room?

TheFreak
03-07-2003, 11:49 AM
Jeeze wildfire you can see why your the brains of this operation. Why didn't i think of stuff like that :)

Well i think that models is great idea, maybe even some wee (basic) planes hanging from the roof. After all he is going to make a robot so he really should be into model making

CD's is another good one and i'll see what i can do for the stereo.

Also what is the style of the models, i know we are a bit too far into it to really change anything but the only props i have see are mine and the VCR. The VCR look very real world and mine look like they might exist but they still look kinda soft (i.e. Toy Story Reality) if you know what i mean. Just not as real as the video.

So i'm just wondering if i make a hi-fi or whatever should it look real or cartoon like i.e. close to reality but a bit more basic detail.

Wildfire
03-07-2003, 01:00 PM
I think a heavy biased towards reality would be good, I don't think photorealistic would be a good thing, but kinda real looking, as long as everything looks as if it "belongs" then it is good.

Does anybody know what I mean? Diago might, he's heard this speech before.

But a bias towards the real, But then Toy Story had a load of stuff in it that looked real ish, maybe a little more real than Toy Story. That kind of feel,, but with more detail. Basically model and texture to be real ish, then we will fix the rest with the lighting etc. to achieve a overall look.

TheFreak
03-07-2003, 03:05 PM
i kinda know what you mean so if i design anything i'll try to stick within those guidelines

Ta

Wildfire
03-07-2003, 03:58 PM
I have just read my previous message, I don't make much sense. Sorry.

pwhitlock
03-07-2003, 08:39 PM
I have a chest of drawers that goes with the bed and bedside table that I emailed to Jaxx yesterday. I can send that in on Monday. If that would help.

Wildfire
03-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Hi guys, sorry, I should have posted this a long time ago, it's about a day's wortho of work on the house, just the basic model.
rond about 4 hours or work.

I still need to put a lot of detail in to it. It's pretty low poly, The house is one object, with the door, gutters, drains and posts as seperate objects. Sorry it's abit basic, my first real model in max.

I have started texturing, and will post an update when I get time to continue with it.

Zmei
03-09-2003, 03:05 PM
Hey everyone!!!
I have been away for a week or so, due to alot of work that apeared from nowhere, but Its organized now.

What is the status of the project at this moment? what else needs to be done?

I can make the room, if nobody else's doing it.

To Wildfire: The house looks great, but in my opinion it would be better if it was a little less thinner (depth wise).

Regards

Luis R. Lobo

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-10-2003, 03:59 PM
Im back from paris! Had a brilliant time and if anyone goes make sure you visit pigalle (red light district) as its got the best pubs/clubs/strip bars we went to!
Anyway iv had 3hrs sleep all weekend so im still recovering and cant think right also i have alot of assignments to do so i will be checking the progress and maybe try to model a few toys.

Zmei: You can make the room no problem.
Wildfire: Nice house looking foward to seeing it textured.

Thats all.

Diago
03-10-2003, 08:56 PM
hay there boys and girls. I'm thankfully back up and running. Had a few computer problems but sorted it out and now have a new motherboard and processor. Just putting a few finishing touches onto the robots body. Jaxx have you made the piece that attaches the robots body to its base. ie that middle bit. Let me know ASAP as I don't want to overlap your work but its not a problem if you need me to make it. Also the robot has a high poly count so I hope that won't be a problem. I have however set the robots centers and other points so that it won't need to be rigged. ( trust me robots don't have any weighted areas or single skin areas so a skeleton is just a waste ) I can see wildfires look of discust already. So if you do want a rig I will add one. Hopefully I should have a post for you all soon so you can see it and pass comment and tell me where to improve. Like I've said before I've not textured him dues to the fact I don't know what package he will be animated in so I don't know if the texture maps will travel well. Anyways I'll post you all a first look ASAP and thats about all

:buttrock: sometimes your worst enemies are you best allies :buttrock:

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Diago: I have centered everything and pivoted everything so the whole bottom parts move properly i havent rigged it either because i thought the same as you as i dont think skinning and weights etc would be appropriate for a robot.
I created the part on top of the spring to attach the body to but if you would rather attach it to the spring directly or create your own part then i could remover the top part off for you?
My bottom part has a poly count of about 20000 so i dont think it matters as most peoples poly counts are high anyway, and wildfire says it doesnt matter either.

Wildfire: The house looks good but i think zmei's wrong about the depth of the house as i think it looks thin enough already.

I think the look wildfire's explaining is a good idea i know what you mean wildfire and its what iv had in my mind all along.
Also i will model my sega dreamcast soon just so i have something to do if i dont need to do it just say so.

Zmei
03-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by {-=Jaxx=-}

Wildfire: The house looks good but i think zmei's wrong about the depth of the house as i think it looks thin enough already.

What I said, or at least meant to say was that It should be larger , "less thinner".

Wildfire: can you tell me the propotions of the room plz, as in the exterior has 15u per 8u, the window has 4u per 6u and so on. "u" means Unit.

laters ppl.

Luis R. Lobo

Wildfire
03-11-2003, 10:47 AM
Hi Guys

Sorry I am away from home all this week (as Diago knows, still up for Friday?) So Iwill update the house when I get back on Monday.

Zmei, yup, I'vewidened the housea bit to make it a bit deeper. I think the boy's room will be the top, attic room, so it will have the uh, sloping bit on it. Know what I mean? It could be quite long, but with a sloping roof and the litle bit wherethe window pokes out.

Diago, what did you buy? Also I reckon the upper part of the robot should be rigged, like Roger's XSI rig with the conrol objects, but wait and see what we are animating in.

Anyway, not sure when I will get on again so hope to see a loadofupdates when I get back.

Diago
03-11-2003, 10:26 PM
will setup a control rig similar to rogers but the problem is some of the control objects require bones so it may differ slightly. I have already put in upper body and head controls plus nulls for some of the arm rotations but not to sure if I should use cubes don't know if max will render out the objects or not but will give them a go.

:buttrock:
sometimes your worst enemies are you best allies :buttrock:

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-11-2003, 11:02 PM
I have tried to model the console but im going to change it so it looks different as i dont think we should copy it exactly the same but i will make it similar in some ways.
Anyway im going to watch the new series of sopranos now so il post again soon maybe with an update.

illustrativ
03-12-2003, 04:25 PM
what no new update? and all now i havent seen this Diago fella's work so whats up with that? Well im taking a break from this project as i have college work to do, and im busy working on some other 3d stuff. Later PPL:wavey:

hugo.m
03-12-2003, 04:33 PM
A few questions...might repeat some that have been posted but I don't want to bother going through all of them.

1- Do you have a storyboard or animatic??
2- When are you planning on starting the animation?
3- Where are you going to be taking this film once copleted?
4- What software are you using?

Thanks
:hmm:

illustrativ
03-12-2003, 04:38 PM
ok Hugo since im here, let me just give u the lowdown.

1- Do you have a storyboard or animatic??

Yes We Do, But i dont remember the Link to it.Just go to Jaxx page and it is on there somewhere.

2- When are you planning on starting the animation?

As Soon as all the models are Finished.

3- Where are you going to be taking this film once copleted?

Since this isnt my project i dont know u need to ask Jaxx since its his project.

4- What software are you using?

We all use different softwares, but the animation will be done in 3DStudio Max i think.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Ok hello hugo Illustrativs answered most of your questions but the script is on my page at www.jaxx.8k.com/story.htm
I am hopefully going to take it to a few websites there are a couple in mind www.pikpuk.com is one and theres also some others in mind wildfire will know more exact.

I know diago's in progress with the body at the moment and TheFreak is doing some toys. I have started the console and have an update.

hugo.m
03-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Without a storyboard, it's hard to imagine what the film will look like. Can you do one? This not only will give you a better feel for the film but it would also solve many technical problems such as timing for each scene(animatic or slugging), match cuts or jump cuts, camera movements, etc...

I'm interested in lending you a hand but I would like to find out more about the project.

illustrativ
03-12-2003, 05:05 PM
well hugo i have to say that we all just have an idea in our heads of what it will be like, but then we all have a different idea, since now it isnt turning out as i thought i would, the story seem to dead now, so i guess ur right they need a storyboard. could u help with that or maybe you could just imagine what u want it to be like.

hugo.m
03-12-2003, 05:11 PM
I'll see what I can do.:beer:

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Thats good if you read some previous posts wildfire explained the feel and look of this film but we do really need a storyboard so if you want to start it then i will help aswell if you want?

hugo.m
03-12-2003, 05:54 PM
I'll need some character models and location designs either drawings or 3d in order to do the storyboard. Once it's done, I can make the animatic. I can help you with the animation but I only work with 3d max 4.
:D

pwhitlock
03-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Yeah a storyboard! I was wondering when someone was gonna bring that up.
I will need a storyboard anyway for my part so this is a great idea. Thanks hugo.m for any help you can give us.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah i know we should really have done a storyboard at the very beggining but we lack a 2d artist anyway there will only be 2 charaters which are the boy and the robot the environments will be the corridor, classroom, bedroom, outside the house the corridor is completed and the house is being textured the sites for these are:

Robot concept: www.jaxx.8k.com the image that you see is the robot.

Corridor: http://uk.geocities.com/utica_2k/wip.html

Most of the models: http://www.jaxx.8k.com/jaxx.htm also see http://www.jaxx.8k.com/zmei.htm

We've still need a concept design for the boy which Kirt will hopefully send us something if someone pm's him i have already asked him so i dont want to bother him again but he said hel dig something out for us and diago is currently doing the top half od the bot but you could just use the concept for now as any help from you will be appreciated alot.
Dont worry about using max4 for animation as were going to the the animation in max as i have got it and wildfire has i think someone else has but im not sure who but im glad you can help with that side.
One last thing if you need any more info please say so as i will do my best to give you whatever you need until wildfire gets back to us.

psmaster
03-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Paris Pics (http://fly.to/blackburncollege)

Check this link out... you can see jacko aka jaxx in all sorts of states... and the rest of us

If theres anything u need me to do gimmy a holla

illustrativ
03-15-2003, 12:28 AM
hey u need to optimize those images on that site, they take about 2 minutes to load. That is too long u need to fix them.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-15-2003, 02:01 PM
Yeh choppy nice pics but they take ages2 load man maybe use thumbnails or something?

Someone has offered to be a texture artist so i have replied and asked him what app hes using il wait till he replies and post here or maybe hel post here himself.

DetoxIllusions
03-15-2003, 06:49 PM
I replied to your PM, Jaxx. I use Cinema 4D for modeling and Bodypaint/Photoshop for the textures. I can also offer help with prop modeling and set design if needed.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-16-2003, 12:15 PM
Thats good then Detox If you want i could send you Illustrativs corridor so you could do a test texture on that?
Can you export and import 3ds files? Or even .obj?
If you want to model anything you could do the Main Light and Shade but when you finish it i will know what still needs to be modelled.
Thanks for your help again.

DetoxIllusions
03-17-2003, 04:13 PM
Yes, I can import and export both filetypes. Do you want the textures to be realistic or have a cartoon feel to them?

Wildfire
03-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Hi Guys

I am back from my week away house hunting. Quite pleased to say that I found an ok place, I move a week tomorrow, so I am still pretty busy with the whole thing, also access to the net may be limited as I am not sure exactly what times I will be able to get on.

Hugo, if you have any problems or questions reagrding the project please mail me and I will try and clear anything up. I am really just too busy to be able to do animatic/storyboards so it would br really cool if you want to do it.

Animation wise, Diago and myself are confidant in SI3D and I am in XSI, I will soon be ok in max as I will be working in it for a PS2 Developer as of the 31st of March. I reckon we could get away with character studio for the majority of it, although I'm not too fond of it.

Work progress wise, if I feel up to it tonight, ( 6 hour drive today) I will begin texturing the house.

The corridor needs more modelling work before texturing begins.

Illustrativ, I have seen Diagos work and am pretty confidant that it's going ok, I also know for a fact that he is more than capable of working on this project, but like myself he also works pretty much full time and we can only get work done around our daily schedule, so just chill, we are trying.

Just out of interest what does everybody do for a day job around here?

illustrativ
03-18-2003, 08:19 PM
Diago maybe more than capable of doing this project but, with me not seeing any WIP , i cant say the same about him as you can.When i see some work then ill give him a thumbs up, and as for the corridor what is there left to be done? After this corridor im out, i think this project is not organized enough for me to continue working on it, ill go solo and do my own. So just let me know whats left to be done on the corridor and ill get it done then im out.

Wildfire
03-18-2003, 09:36 PM
Don't worry about the corridor, if Jaxx has the file then someone else can make the adjustments. Don't wrooy about credit, when this is finished then you will still get credit for what you've done.

I was just saying that I know that Diago personally from a 3D Graphics Degree course and that he will get stuff done, just that some of us are busy and don't have regular access to the net.

Sorry that you feel this way, I kinda get the feeling from your messages that you feel that we are not as professional as you, But The main excercise for this is for people who don't have as much experience as some to learn things and be part of a co-operative group. May we aren't quite at you're standard of work, so this may not be any benefit to you, sorry and I wish you luck in you're own projects.

Take care.

illustrativ
03-18-2003, 10:23 PM
i think you got my message wrong Wildfire, as there is no professionality to me. I am nowhere near being a professional, but i know from experience with other kinda works that i have done that without organization nottin makes sence. And if we cant even see 1 WIP from Diago, then we dont know what he is capable of now do we, We dont know if he is really doing it or not. Have you urself seen any WIP on the upper body of the robot he is doing asyet? im sure no one works 24 hours a day for 7 days a week.

Wildfire
03-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Illustrativ, no, nobody does work 24 hours 7 days a week, but most people do have a routine to stick to. And if you have to work 5 days a week and get up early then it doesn't leave much time for 3D.

Also others of us who are graduates and want to do 3D professionally also do work on other stuff as well as this stuff, so we get this done when we can. There are other things we need for out portfolios. Also like for me it may be a problem to get work online, as my workstation is not connected to the net.

So really this doesn't leave much time for other things, so if Diago chooses to do his other work over this one, then that is his choice,as it is yours. Also once you have had a week at work, the last thing you want to do on a Friday and Saturday night is sit in front of a screen, you want to do otherstuff, see your girlfriends, hanbg out with friends. So some of us don't have as much time as you to do 3D and when we do get a chance, we may not choose to do this project. I myself have 3 other collaborations going and a load of solo projects, not to mention the work that I will have when I start work, which is why I am taking a small step back from the project.

All I am saying is,that things are a lot different once you get out into the world than when you are a student at school. So don't knock other people's circumstances until you have been there.

Besides, if you are leaving, then why does it really matter whether he posts WIPs? There is no rush in this project, people can get things done in their own time stress free. It seems to me that you are getting pretty worked up about somting that should be chilled.

Anyway, let us know what you're decision is about leaving and take care.

illustrativ
03-18-2003, 11:56 PM
u need to ask before you say, im sure we all in the world, even those who are students know what its like to have alot to be done, but no matter what u have to do u made urself apart of the group so if your no longer interested then all you have to say is can someone else do this or that, because Jaxx could have done the robot by now, you say you have experience in group projects but i think u missed out on the organization part, i have done group work before but this wasnt in designing as it was in acting and i know that without organization everything can go wrong. As for you who seem to want to take over every part of this project which belongs to Jaxx and which the story came from me, that you have changed all together, I still aint seen no work from Diago so you can say all you want for him but if i cant see results i cant say he is doing anything and if he is not able to do it just let us know and someone else will do it.

Please note that it isnt just me who thinks this way in this project.

illustrativ
03-18-2003, 11:58 PM
Jaxx and other Members i hope you get this project done but even if you dont i hope you learn alot from it. Good Luck everyone and wish y'all well.

Wildfire
03-19-2003, 01:01 AM
Hey man, no need to get personal! This is not the place to do it.

I do not want to take over anything at all.

If anyone feels that I have taken over this project and they are unhappy about it, please say so and I will step back and let someone else do it. I am more than happy to do that.

Fair enough I have not been getting much orgainising done at the moment, but I am trying to re organise my life right now and I have very little access to the net. So I am trying. Just for the record, I did do the organising on the projects that I did. I have also helped direct films and plays, as well as performed in a number of plays so I hear where you are coming from, but bear in mind that when you are doing a play people are there to talk to, hear is not quite as communicative. But I hear what you are saying and if everybody is cool for me to carry on with directing then I will try to be more assertive.

You also forget that I have been to school, and Uni and done the whole student thing and am now doing the whole working thing, so "I have walked a mile in another man's boots." i do now what it is like to do the other stuff, believe me, being a student at Uni is easier than not.

As far as the story goes, I did speak to you about the amendments to the story when I wrote the script, and you did say that you were happy with it, but if you are not happy for us to use it anymore then between us I'm sure we can come up with somthing that utilises what we have already done. But it is cool as you do have interlectual copyright over the story.

And if you have an issue with Diago, then I suggest that you take it up with him via email, because here is not the place to critisize anothers ability or effort personally, by all means politely ask how his work is going, but if you want to get personal, do it via pm or email.

Anyway this is my last word on this now, before it all ends up in personal attacks and flaming. Also this is completely not in the spirit of what this forum is about. I will say no more.

Please let us all know what you would like to do about the story.

P.s

Would all other membebr please email me what the have done (list plz) so tha I can re organise.

Cheers

TheFreak
03-19-2003, 01:07 AM
Jeeze just catching up on this, it's been a while since i was last on and it looks like all fun and games :)

Just a few comments, i don't really see much more stuff since Wildfires house - which might i add looks pretty good.

oh and Jaxx's dreamcast :) - see you went for it in the end up

as of illustrativ - where did this big chip come from, alright this might not be the most organised ordeal but we are having a laugh, there is no stress on this, god knows we get enough of that from work, girlfriends/wifes and we don't need it here. If Diago has work done i'm sure he will post it and if he doesn't then so what, no biggie.

If you have problems with the organisation of this project then don't complain about it, give us answers.....you obviously have ideas on how to better organise it so tell us them. Nagging about it isn't going to move things any further forward.

This is a fun little project and we have no need to be accusing people of being lazy as there is no time limit on this.
Also speaking of promised content i'm still looking to know what this classroom will look like? i don't know if my chari will fit in or not i might need to ammend it, aww well if you are leaving we will just pass that on to someone else

Finally, the story, if you have any issues with this particular story then you really should have voiced them whent he final script was arranged. and not weeks after when it's a bit to late to change.

Either way, if you have decied to leave the project then so be it, i wish you all the best of luck on whatever your next project is. I will stick with the disorganised chaos of this one and see if we can make anything out of it and if we can't.....so what.....at least i will have had fun and met a few nice people.

Later

Wildfire
03-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Ok,

Now that that is sorted out, back to business.

Can everybody email me with what they are working on and what stage it is at? Email please as I may not be able to get online as of Wednesday.

I move into a new haouse on Wednesday and start job a week Monday. So I may be able to check stuff on Monday/Tuesday.

I know all of you guys who are students are getting pretty busy with end of year projects/finals etc. so no rush ok?

Cheers

hugo.m
03-21-2003, 03:21 PM
Alright guys. I'll help out as much as I can. You might have to be a little patient with me mainly because my time is very limited (work, 2 year old son and a pregnant wife due in 2 weeks don't leave me to much free time).
I estimate this film would be about 5 minutes long...7 if we stretch it. I already started the storyboard.

As for the pre-production process, before I finish the board, I need to know who's assigned to what for direction porposes. Now, if this is a collaborate project, then I would like to know who would take the responsability of:

DIRECTOR: Takes charge of the project

PRODUCTION COORDINATOR: Assigns the work, keeps track of all the material handled, coordinates all the artists.

LEAD ANIMATOR: Responible for approving the animation (in this case I assume it would also be the director)

LEAD MODELER: Responsible for all the modeling. (I guess you would have to also assume the role of texture artist)

STORYBOARD ARTIST: Me!!

And later we can take smaller roles such as FX animator, sound, edit, etc...

Now here's where things start getting complicated and at the same time rolling...
We need a timeline. I know we can take as loong as we like but having that kind of freedom also prevents from actually doing the work. I'm sure everyone is busy but if we can push ourselves to do this, it would be very gratifiying once the film is complete.

I have roughly 8 years experience in animation. 7 of them as a traditional animator. My positions have ranged from animator to animation director to layout supervisor to director and now senior animator. If anyone has any questions whatsoever about the process, I can help out!

Choose your positions and let's get this ball rolling guys!!!

I would like to know everyone that's in this project to tell me what experience they have. I know you guys have been working on this for some time now but I'm just getting in it and I would like to get to know all of you.

I'm assuming that I'm the most experienced animator at the moment so I will also take the role as LEAD ANIMATOR...unless some one else wants it. If not, I will work closely with the Director to make sure the animation will look amazing!!

So let's go ahead and have some fun!!!

:) ;) :buttrock: :wip: :applause: :thumbsup: :airguitar :beer:

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Thank you hugo i feel honored that some one with so much experience wants to help out with this!
Ok i have kept track of everything so for and have a log of everthing somewhere so if no-one else wants to be the production co-ordinator i will take that role.
I think wildfire would be best as the director.

Sorry about no updates lately as im very busy with assignments and have been enjoying myself a little too much this last couple of weeks so i have got behind on everthing educational related.

I will email you soon wildfire this is just a quick post.

About the timeline i think we should have a timeline for modelling w/out textures then a timeline for models that need to be textured then a timeline for the actual animation but thats just a thought should keep it more organised and after each one has been completed we could all decide how long the next one is going to be done for.

Does anyone have any idea how long this is going to take approximately?

I have altogether about 3-4 months experience in Max 3d so im still a newbie really but i can model most things if i try hard enough and have the time.

Ok thanx again Hugo.

hugo.m
03-21-2003, 04:24 PM
Cool. As soon as I'm done with the storyboard, we can gather all the material and move on to the PRODUCTION stage. Then we can give ourselves a good idea on how long it would take to complete the modeling and animation. After that we can go ahead to Post-production.

Thanks Jaxx:)

Wildfire
03-21-2003, 08:07 PM
Great! Good to have you on board Hugo. I'm sure we'll all benefit from your experience.

As Jaxx said, I'd like to go for the director's spot if that's cool with you?

I think maybe Jaxx would be good for the Production Coordinator? He seems to be the one designating tasks, he can liase with me about it if needs be.

I second the vote for you to be the lead animator, you definitely have the mosty experience in animating.

Lead modeller? I'm not too sure about who has the most experience modelling?

Like you I don't have a huge amount of time on my hands as I will soon start a new job and also be moving house.

Experience wise: I started basic modelling in Visual reality and then moved on to 3D Studio Max 1 when it came out. I played around with it when I was about 16-18, but stopped at A levels.
Just graduated from a Degree in 3D, done some modelling in SI 3D and started using XSI about 8 months ago. I have experience in Charatcer modelling, rigging and some animation in both SI 3D and XSI also have modelling and texturing experience in 3D Studio Max 5, SI 3D and XSI 3.0, this ranges from vehicles and buildings to characters.

I will soon start a modellers job for a PS2 developer in the North East of England.

But if it's cool I'd love to take on the role of Director. Look forward to working with you.

P.s Do you need a copy of the script.

Diago
03-21-2003, 08:12 PM
I'd firstly like to apologies to illustrativ for not posting my work. I to would be showing concern if I was working on a project with peopl eI don't know and they are showing me nothing to inspire hope in them. So for that I am sorry. However I am working on the robot which is 99% complete and will be posting shortly so hopefully it will meet all expextations and not be to much of a let down. Its cool that hugo is onboard and I have to say I love Tripping the Rift nice work dude. plus its good to have somebody on board with such experiance. As I say by now your all probably a little narked at me and I could pile on a million and one excuses for me not having the robot 100% done by now but whats that point cos you will only believe what you want to. So again I apologies and if I could get a copy of the time line to work to then that would be cool. Well yeah thats me and I'll post again tomorrow with some WIP

:buttrock: sometimes your worst enemies can be your best allies :buttrock:

hugo.m
03-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Wildfire, I don't need a copy if the script hasn't been changed from the one posted on the maker web site...has it?

Diago, would you be the Lead modeler??

hugo.m
03-21-2003, 08:30 PM
By the way Diago, you said you liked Tripping the Rift. Are you talking about the short teaser animated about 7 years ago from Film Roman or are you refering to the TV series that I'm currently working on. The reason I ask is because we haven't finished the first episode yet and I would be interested to know if you've seen scenes from it.

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-23-2003, 03:59 PM
Yeah id love to be the co-ordinator and liase with you wildfire.
Diago dont worry about not posting any updates Wildfire told me he's seen what you have done so far so i believed him unlike illustrativ who i thought since the first little comment he made a while ago about not wanting to carry on with this project so dont worry im not narked at you at all and im guessing no-one else is either. But i cant wait to see your WIP tomorrow if you have time.
Hugo the script hasnt been changed since it has been posted on my site so its the final version.

Ok i wont be able to do much this week because of assignments/work/girlfriend and some other problems that im having at the moment but hopefully next week i will post all the props fully complete an textured and i will keep posting here most days to see whats happening and to give feedback for anything.

Diago
03-25-2003, 08:43 PM
I've just seen the short animation from about 7 years ago. Didn't realise there was a series on the way but will look out for it when it come.
Right well I have some shots of the robot to date but I am still tweaking and working, I know it doesn't look much but am doing other work at the same time so go easy on him.

hugo.m
03-25-2003, 08:47 PM
I can only see the head. The rest of it is cut off

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-25-2003, 09:39 PM
Ok everyone i have been looking foward to this update and i am not dissapointed with the wait for this at all... if you right click and open them in a new window i think it works but if not just right click and save target as...
Enjoy!

http://jaxx.8k.com/topbot1.jpg
http://jaxx.8k.com/topbot2.jpg
http://jaxx.8k.com/topbot3.jpg

My crits are well non really cause i really like it very much i cant see anything thats obviously wrong to be honest but if anyone has any crits i can then usually notice some others.

My comments are its brilliant and has been worth the wait!
Well done Diago!

lostanimator
03-30-2003, 07:26 AM
yeh...i'm into 3d character modelling and i use max... i've recently modelled an old guy character for my short animation...
so i'm interested in modelling the boy for your short film..
just give me some concept sketches..or tell me to create some sketches for u..1st i'll show it to u then i can begin modelling...
i can even texture and rig the character....with box type skeleton..(hope u r not using character studio) if u need some hair for his then that'll be fine...
i think by the time u'wd have lots of people's envolvement in this project...so if u like me to workout on that then do let me know!!!
checkout my work: http://www.geocities.com/akashanimator/

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-30-2003, 02:09 PM
Your very welcome to join! You could sketch your own ideas because i dont think anyone else here will do any concepts.
Just do whatever you want and however you want anything will be appreciated alot by us all!
Hope to hear from you soon.

hugo.m
03-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Hey lostanimator, I'll be doing most of the animation on this project. If you're going to model the boy, then I would prefere if you could rig him with biped. You don't have to use Physique. You can just skin him. I'm using 3D Max 4.2.
As an animator I can tell you that it's so much easier to animate using character studio.
I've also done a few squetches of the boy. If anyone else has done any, I think we should all post them and pick the best one. Also, I know that alot if not all of us are going to animate, so to keep track of the animation, I'll be assigning the scenes when the time comes.
I'll be posting the storyboard in a couple of days guys.:thumbsup:

lostanimator
03-30-2003, 04:36 PM
hey jaxx..
i'll start modelling the character soon..i few days i'll show u some concepts...but i'm using max 5 with character studio non functional...but i'll model the character well that it'll be easy for u to fit into biped...next i'll show u some sketches..cu

hugo.m
03-30-2003, 04:40 PM
hmmm...if you use max 5, then those of us that are working on max 4 wont be able to use it. You can export it as a .3ds file but you won't be able to rig it Unless someone else does the rigging.

hugo.m
03-30-2003, 04:45 PM
Does anyone here use messenger??? If so, we should get eachother's info so that we can work more efficiently.

Another thing, where are we storing all the work so that everyone can see the progress??? I have an FTP but I only have 30 gigs left in my hard drive. Any one else have an FTP site with at leats 50 gigs free so we can store eveything together?? Jaxx, you're te coordinator...how do you have this figured out??

lostanimator
03-30-2003, 05:00 PM
hi hugo...
ya i wont be able to rig the character...u can import the model..i'll even create the UVW's and the texturing.that's a better way...if u r good at rigging then u wont be having much trouble...
hey i use yahoo and MSN messenger...and my id is:
akashanimator
do add me i'm online now..and we can talk in detail.. cu

{-=Jaxx=-}
03-30-2003, 10:26 PM
I use max5 but cannot rig to be honest i have tried and can do a little but im going to learn my best soon to rig properly.
i am looking foward to the storyboard and seeing some concepts for the boy!
The only thing i have available to me for storing stuff is www.jaxx.8k.com that has most of the progress that has been finished and the script etc i havent updated it for awhile but when i have the time i will post everything up. I have 20mb available for storing work in but apart from that nothing else i will try and sign up for a storage site or whatevers best for everyone else.

Im on msn messenger markjaxson@hotmail.com

Anyway i will post soon hope to hear from someone soon.

{-=Jaxx=-}
04-02-2003, 09:02 AM
Ok seeing that no-one is doing the classroom i have got my mate to design one for us, i will try to post some wip as soon as he can give me an update.

Thats it for now.

Wildfire
04-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi Guys!!

Finally I'm back online!! We only got internet to the new offices today that's why I've been off for so long. I may get internet at home at th end of the month. Lost animator, sounds good. I am now converted over to Max, mainly 5 as that's what I use at work, but I reckon I could probably get 4 on the go if I needed to.

I got a deadline on the 28th of April, so I'm a bit rushed off myfeet at the moment, but I have started texturing the house.

Diago, love the Robot man!! I look forward to seeing a textured version! I here you're becoming a bit good at the whole texturing thing from a certain Scotsman.

Anyway, lost animator, good to have you on board.

{-=Jaxx=-}
04-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Good to hear from you wildfire and good to know that your sorted out aswell...Looking foward to seeing the house textured aswell.
Im very busy at the moment but im almost sorted out so hopefully after saturday i will be back full steam with this project
:beer: :beer:
Anyway im off to the pub for a well earned drink now so talk to you all later.

JIII
04-17-2003, 03:49 AM
whats up with this project?

I hope its not dead, that would totally suck.

lostanimator
04-17-2003, 10:49 AM
hi guys...
sorry i was not in the classroom for a longer time...actually my new job is sucking my ass...
i need to workout over nights..
but for sure i'm not going to let this project die...in 2-3 days i'll come up with some works....
so just wait for this student to join the classroom again...
hehhehehe....cya

Wildfire
04-17-2003, 04:58 PM
Nope it's not dead, I just have a lot to do at work at the moment so I'm quite tired at the end of the day. But I'm getting the house done.

{-=Jaxx=-}
04-19-2003, 12:25 AM
No definately not dead! My mate has done the whole school inside and out looks pretty good maybe abit too big but i will post some shots up as soon as i find the cd he put it on for me.
I think everyones going to be busy until after easter.. myself have alot of trips to go on for birthdays and holiday drinking excuses! Im still doing some minor details for some props and will post them once i have finished them.

Diago
05-01-2003, 09:29 PM
sorry its been a long time since I emailed. I am basically bogged down with work and the gym and my portfolio and looking for another job and getting a girlfriend so as wildfire knows I'm kinda hard to get hold of at the moment. I'm gonna call you some time soon dude I'm just all over the place at the moment so I'm sorry about the. Still wanting to come up and visit the new place so yeah but anyway. I have hardly touched the robot since last time but am gonna start back on it next week when I have finished making this web site. (freelancing) so yeah still alive, just and still in for it for now.

TheFreak
05-13-2003, 02:05 AM
Hi Guys,

Nope i'm not dead as you might have suspected :)

Still very much alive and i hope the Maker is too :)

Just saying hello again, not sure whats happening with this project but i got me a new PC so i'm gonna try and get some more 3D work done so if everyone is still happy with this project then i'm up for it.

Might see what other projects there are too about here as well so i'm sure i'll see you all around.

Later

Wildfire
05-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Hi Freak

Good to hear from you, me at the moment I am really busy with work and major financial issues :eek: :thumbsdow . But hopefully I will get some work done soon.

On the good side I can now texture and model in Max comprehensively.

Diago: Cool man, hope all is well and I'll try and ring you soon.

Jaxx: Hope all the finals and stuff go well.

TheFreak
05-16-2003, 02:41 PM
So guys whats the craic with this thing?

do we have any more movement with the story and what needs to be modeled?

lets try and keep this thread alive and see if we can get the ball roling again on this. I know i have been out of the loop for a while and so have a few others so if someone has a to do perhaps we can start there and move forward with some more modeling. Even if it means two people are working on the same thing at least we will get it done in the end and sure it's always fun to try these things even if they are not used in the final movie.

Talk to you all then

Ta

BTW i'm still available in MSN, feel free to chat to me if you see me online. Although if i'm drunk i can't promise that i won't talk complete nonsense :)

Wildfire
05-19-2003, 09:32 AM
Hi Guys

Ok, good news is that finally things are easing off at work so I have started the texture for the house (exterior) and it will be finished by the end of the week, finggers crossed.

{-=Jaxx=-}
05-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Hello everybody nice to hear from some of you and im glad theres some people still interested in this, i havent been able to do anything at all on this project for awhile as i have been bogged down with assignment deadlines i took an exam today and i have got some financial problems at the moment so im working all hours as well but iv started to sort everything out and after sunday i will be doing as much as possible for this project to kick it off again.

Wildfire: Good to hear that youve got to grips with max and cant wait to open your models fully on my computer! Hope you sort everything out with financial issues/moving house etc.

TheFreak: Your idea sounds good i say we give it a try once everyones active again. I will speak to you on msn next time were both on and i wont worry about you making no sense if your drunk because im usually drunk when im on so we should be able to make sense out of each other!

Diago: Long time no mail, hope you still can finish that bot because i love it and would like to be able to animate it when you finish it.looking foward to it alot! Also good look with finding a girlfriend:thumbsup:

Lostanimator: Good to hear from you, im looking foward to seeing the storyboard and if you need any help i will gladly help you on any aspect of it. Were all waiting for the student to join the classroom again soon!

Ok i think thats everyone who is still in this project,so im off to bed because im totally tired and run down and will hopefully hear from someone soon or even better some models or anything else!

Take care everyone and its goodbye from me.
{-=Jaxx=-}

{-=Jaxx=-}
06-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Just a post to keep this from going to the next page!!!