PDA

View Full Version : Hellgate:London - new cinematic

D-3
11-24-2006, 09:18 AM
very fresh :) new cinematic trailer 2 from hellgate london

folow the link (http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1779)

c ya!!

mccg
11-24-2006, 10:14 AM
impressive work
the facial expression are very nice.

Snowstorm
11-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Hmmm... it says Cinematic 2, and in the description calls it "another stunning cinematic"

But.. in that case where's cinematic 1?

Hmmm.. I wonder if I can get it in HD version as Gametrailers usually does...

oglu
11-24-2006, 10:58 AM
are the face animatics done by blur with facerobot..?

Snowstorm
11-24-2006, 11:00 AM
ooo... just watched it. Disturbingly good.

Looks like I dont want the HD version after all.

It has also successfully scared me off Hellgate: London.

LOL.

danshewan
11-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Hmmm... it says Cinematic 2, and in the description calls it "another stunning cinematic"

But.. in that case where's cinematic 1?

The first cinematic (or cinematic 1, if you will) begins when the flying demons ambush Jessica and the other two women protecting her, so the first sequence with the car chase is new, and the end sequence where Jessica is a grown woman is also new, so this video incorporated both the new and older footage.

daart
11-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Is this again blur? :thumbsup:

danshewan
11-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Is this again blur? :thumbsup:

Sure is - take a bow, guys! Also, a round of applause for Flagship Studios.

lildragon
11-24-2006, 07:00 PM
As much as I love this cinematic and the amazing work done by Blur, that little girl still freaks me out :surprised, she's just really creepy looking, especially when the light hits her eyes *shudder*And Angelina Jolie definitely must've been the reference for Mira's lips including animation! Speaking of animation (and I hate to crit Face Robot stuff) but the lip sync is very 'gummy' and over emphasized in places, the father was pretty good tho.

Anyhoo I can't wait till some studio makes a CG feature film like this.

Cheers

Ariel
11-24-2006, 09:45 PM
nice action sequences and rendering! Overall great work again by Blur.. but why do the females all look the same? they have this Barbie-doll design aesthetic that breaks the look of the rest of the cinematic. Even the little girl looks to be made from the same base head model and has features of a grown lady (just shrunk down in size). Same with the King Arthur guy. He's got this late 30's/early 40's look to him but then is all wrinkled up and with grey hair. They are all technically well done, but seem to lack good use of reference like the rest of the art in the movie.

Intervain
11-24-2006, 10:01 PM
it's really beautiful graphics and animation but what really spoiled it for me was the 'stay close' command issued by the woman towards the girl despite the fact that she was holding her hand so tightly it would have been absolutely impossible not to... stupid I know but I just couldn't swallow that one:D

gio
11-24-2006, 10:38 PM
i thought the way the sequence of events unfolded was really compelling. it felt very cinematic. i do have to agree with ariel though in that we seem to be seeing the same barbie doll-esque face over and over again in these cinematics. i feel that its what gives these characters a very lifeless doll-like expression, no matter how good they are on a technical level. perhaps a style such as leyendecker's or rockwell's might translate nicely into a stylized cinematic? i think it would have been cool to see a rockwell girl in replacement of what was in the cinematic. also, angelina jolie puffy lipped women really do not make for an interesting heroine...well, for me at least. i often browse in videogame magazines and its all the same style in most of the high rez ads for games out there. i just want to see something new.

just my two cents. :)

amannin
11-25-2006, 12:20 AM
i think i would honestly buy this game for the cinematics alone -- but with that said, that little girl's lip movement did feel a little extreme / awkward at times...

EnlightenedPixel
11-25-2006, 02:13 AM
Not so much new, as a completion of the one we saw. It shows how the sequence starts up, gives us more of an idea of whats going on, and why the girl was important*Somewhat* and an extension of the ending giving us an idea of the timeframe in relation to the game.

Bravo guys, you did a great job. ... can you hire me in a few years?:D

bloodbunnys
11-25-2006, 02:37 AM
ps2 or ps3?

Snowstorm
11-25-2006, 03:34 AM
ps2 or ps3?

PC RPG for Windows Vista and DX10.

bloodbunnys
11-25-2006, 04:01 AM
This is why i need to buy a PC again.

SOE digital
11-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Wow, talk about the worst voice acting I've ever heard.

Digiegg
11-26-2006, 05:59 AM
WHEN are they coming out with this game?
I've been waiting ever since the 3 masterminds left Blizzard...
I can't wait anymore! Maybe I should raid their office... it's only a few blocks away...
=D

pomru
11-26-2006, 10:40 PM
WHEN are they coming out with this game?
I've been waiting ever since the 3 masterminds left Blizzard...
I can't wait anymore! Maybe I should raid their office... it's only a few blocks away...
=D
Flagship still hasn't announced a release date for Hellgate: London yet, but in a recent interview with CEO Bill Roper, he mentioned a "friends and family" beta at the end of this year or early 2007, then a closed beta, followed by an open beta close to the launch date.

source: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/hellgatelondon/news.html?sid=6162095&mode=previews&tag=previews;story;1&page=1

Blur did a very nice job on the cinematic! The strong points were the cinematography and staging. The part where the templars marched off to battle felt very epic in the way it was set up. When it comes to blood-pounding action, Blur knows how to deliver, as the battle in the cathedral demonstrated.

There were some weak points, which were probably caused by tight deadlines (right, guys?). The lipsynch was good, but the rest of the facial animation lacked the subtle touches we've come to expect, particularly around the eyes. Still, the strong points outweigh the weak ones overall, so I still think it was a great job!

Quatermass
11-28-2006, 10:50 PM
nice action sequences and rendering! Overall great work again by Blur.. but why do the females all look the same? they have this Barbie-doll design aesthetic that breaks the look of the rest of the cinematic. Even the little girl looks to be made from the same base head model and has features of a grown lady (just shrunk down in size).

i do have to agree with ariel though in that we seem to be seeing the same barbie doll-esque face over and over again in these cinematics. i feel that its what gives these characters a very lifeless doll-like expression, no matter how good they are on a technical level.

Hah. This is almost exactly what I said when that first part came out earlier this year. I do like the new bits better though.

CGTalk Moderation
11-28-2006, 10:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.