PDA

View Full Version : i dont have flash :( can i use powerpoint? lol

mr2monster
02-11-2003, 10:23 PM
no, really im serious. I was wondering if there was a way to import a powerpoint presentation into something like dreamweaver or fireworks and make it work on the web.

if so.. how?

Thanks

Per-Anders
02-11-2003, 11:19 PM
powerpoint will export to the web for you if you want. but it's just jpegs in an html table. easiest thing for you to do is read the manual to find out how to use the export to web function.

mr2monster
02-12-2003, 12:06 AM
well i was looking for something more along the lines of an animation for a front page on my website... or soon to be website anyway.

i can use powerpoint fairly well, and ive got access to fireworks, which comes with dreamweaver... anyone have any sites i could find some tuts for fireworks? maybe i could use that.

I just wish i could get flash and learn that... how much is that program anyway? i might have to add that to my arsenal once i get up and running with MonsterGFX

Per-Anders
02-12-2003, 01:29 AM
you really will have to use fireworks or dreamweaver dhtml to get animation onto your website without using flash. i don't believe that powerpoint will give you what you are after. fireworks comes with a fairly extensive set of tutorials with the manuals. it would be best if you went through those first.

flash is available directly from macromedia at www.macromedia.com/flash/ you can download the demo, and then if you like it, purchase and download the full product from their online store.

eudemonie
02-12-2003, 03:40 PM
--

no! there is realy a application, which is able to convert
powerpoint to flash!

bad news: sorry i have forgotten the name. perhaps somebody
else knows it?

--
eu

mr2monster
02-12-2003, 07:02 PM
anyone know the name??? I Dled teh flash dmeo to play with that. any good tuts on how to jump in without getting your feet wet? ive only got 30 days!!!

If anyone kows the name of that converter program it would help out a ton.

thanx

eudemonie
02-12-2003, 08:44 PM
---

PowerPRESENTER

Easily convert your PowerPoint into a smaller, streaming multimedia Flash file. Then distribute it faster, easier and with more impact than ever before.

http://www.presentationpro.com/

--
eu

but haven't tesīt it yet

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.