PDA

View Full Version : Floating question..

Parsec3d
11-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Is possible to install the license server on more than One computer? or the license server is node locked?

i.e. I have 5 comps and a Laptop I wish to jump from one comp to the other, but if I leave
I still want to be able to use it on my Laptop half answer would be to use the laptop as the license server, but I would like to know I can have the license server at least in one or more of the comps of the net just to be safe in case one runs down..

thanks in advance

Wabe
11-24-2006, 07:50 AM
Have not tried it so i am not 100% sure. But my guess is that with a second License Server you would have to activate your license again. And wether this confuses the whole setup then (two activation codes in parallel) i am not sure about.

When you think about that you probably have only a limited number of activations (as it is with all programs that need to be activated) i would be carefull with playing around too much with that. Only in dialog with e-on maybe. So you should raise this question there - e-on will know a definite answer.

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2006, 07:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.