PDA

View Full Version : Vue 6 Infinite on Macintosh

nwm
11-23-2006, 07:05 PM
I am aware of the fact that the current Vue 6 Infinite version is a pre-release and not all options and functions are available. It is not possible for me to use the external Render Bull with Vue 6 (a message tells me to re-install the application). Images look in general darker and a little blurry to me, compared to renders with the same settings in Vue 5 Infinite. Are there other Mac users that have tried Vue 6 Infinite yet?

http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=105266&stc=1

Wabe
11-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Oh yes, there are other Mac users that have tested Vue 6 Infinite. The Renderbull thing is simply a new bug - normal users do have nothing to do with Renderbull. You even need an extra license to use it. So you have simply to wait for a new update and this problem will be gone i think. I hope.

It is very hard to compare scenes from 5 and 6. They have different render settings and probably even a different render engine. So you can not simply open a scene from 5 in 6 and render it and expect exactly the same result. You have to tweak the settings.

The blurry feeling. This is a good example. In Vue 6 you now have different options how anti-aliasing is treated. You can have crisp or softer versions of that. I guess you have not found that and maybe play a little with that - to see wether you get the sharpness you want.

nwm
11-24-2006, 07:19 PM
I forgot to mention that in both cases the render preset was "Final", and that is probably my problem - I was expecting full downward compatibility. The solution is to work with Custom Settings, where I indeed found the options for antialias and texture treatment that you mentioned. The result looks a lot better, but as a spoilt Mac user I wish handling was a little more intuitive and less trial & error. Would be cool to put your own settings in free configurable buttons or a dropdown menu in the Render Options instead of loading them via open dialog...

Wabe
11-25-2006, 08:49 AM
What you always can do when you work with user settings is to save the good ones. Then you can load them later again and do not have to do it all again.

rgdigital
12-05-2006, 06:16 PM
I think part of the blurriness in renders is the AA settings optimized to reduce the flicker that was so prevalent in V5i. A few adjustments can greatly reduce rendertimes and sharpen up the final look.

I finally got Render Cow working on OSX. You don't need to mess with RenderBull.

Here are instructions, straight from E-on:

First of all, please ensure you have downloaded and installed the latest update for Vue 6 Infinite (build 288342).

Then, here is how it should work:

- select StandAlone renderer in the render options dialog (Network render uses the RenderBull command line renderer, and should be used along with a generic network render manager).

- click the Edit button next to it.

- choose "Use HyperVue Network manager"

- click the Edit button next to it.

- configure your rendercows as needed

- close the HyperVue edit mode dialog (this is very important, it must be closed before launching render).

- exit external rendering options dialog with Ok

You can now launch rendering.

I tried it this morning and it works.

nwm
12-06-2006, 06:21 PM
I noticed that the problem only occurs in a file that I purchased at Cornucopia. It is an animated ocean scene and my first suspect was motion blur. I could finally remove it (for a still image) BUT there is still this blur in the very last pass which I can't get rid of.

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2006, 06:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.