PDA

View Full Version : Joint binding need help

nottoshabi
02-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Does any one know the mel comand for setting a new bind pose on allready binded joints??

goosh
02-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Hmmm.. can you do that?

I never heard of it being done.. interesting if it can though

Goosh

Manny
02-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Ohh eyah I knew it but when my hard drive died on me i have lost all my goodies its something in the line of bindPose but I forgot the string and the order that it needs to be writen in. But if any one knows the string its really kool for example if you bind something and the bone does not set right in the geometry u can unbind the joint adjusted and then resset the bind pose and rebind it with out messing up the rest of the character. I will keep serching, I found it long time ago on alliaswavefront web site but I went there today and the perticular page was not there. But if I find it I will make sure to posted.

john_homer
02-11-2003, 11:10 PM
there are a few ways you can do this...
I would just select the bindpose that is giving you trouble and delete it. you will find this fixes most little problems like binding new objects out of bindpose, cos there is none ;)
note: binding more geo will create a new bindpose anyway

bindpose really has no good use as far as i can see, thats why i delete it... if you want a bind pose though... check out the dagpose command in the online (hit F1) MEL Command Reference.

after deleting the old one i think you can just make a new one with
dagPose -save

you might actually just be able to use a -reset flag, eliminating the need to delete the old bindPose....

looking back that post is about 5 X as long as it needs to be.. sorry ;)

check out the online docs.. its all in there ;)

.j

nottoshabi
02-12-2003, 12:18 AM
Thanks john_homer that worked.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.