PDA

View Full Version : Facial reconstruction workshop in London

newellteapot
11-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone in London would be interested in a face forensic reconstruction workshop. They did it at the Hunterian Museum and I missed it, but I suppose that if there was some interest they would do it again.
It's basically facial reconstruction with plasticine on a skull base, tought by a forensic artist, and being aworkshop it wouldn't be very expensive.
If you are not familiar with this technique, please visit this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forensic_facial_reconstruction
It gives an amazing insight on the facial structure, and I think it would also be useful for animators.
Please let me know if you have any interest, no strings attached, I will contact them soon and ask if tehre's any chance.
Cheers!

timmyhol
11-27-2006, 11:02 PM
That sounds like a great idea, I would be interested. I'll speak to some people at work as well as Im sure some of them would be too.

Tim

Rebeccak
11-27-2006, 11:09 PM
That sounds so cool, I wish I could fly to the UK to do it! :) Definitely post pictures if you can.

newellteapot
11-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Hi Timmyhol!

Great news, would be great. Tell them it's not on yet but if we show interest I think they would do it. Also, I'll do a bit of research and see if they do any workshops like this in colleges etc and how much they are.

I mean, one might as well give it a go with a plastic skull and some clay, but having a qualified forensic artist explaining stuff would make a big difference.

------------

Hi Rebecca!

Have a look where you live, maybe there are workshops like that :)
If we manage to find one and go I promise to post all the pics, tutorials, etc in a nice thread

Monica

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2006, 09:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.