PDA

View Full Version : what plugins are good ???

sebek27
02-11-2003, 09:50 PM
i'm getting more in LW so i have all these questions !
what free plugins would you recommend I download, so far I have edge plugin what else???

UserDelta
02-11-2003, 10:39 PM
i dont think you should worry about plugins like that :)
once you familiarize yourself with the capabilities and you find that it cant do something or something the way you want, then you should find a plugin for it.
no point in downloading a list of plugins if you're not going to use most of it.

but here are a list of some of the free plugins i have installed:
skelegon editor
Fi's_Wrinkle
spin polys
ska
Coffee
Bookmark
mmorph
yo_mirwgt
unreal

and a load of other scripts i find useful. many from http://thespread.topcities.com/

there are too many free plugins and lscripts to list, and i guess they all have their uses.

wgreenlee1
02-11-2003, 11:47 PM
Its all good.........I have around 100 extra-plugins.:thumbsup:

I suggest you download as many as possible and have fun with them.
By useing them you will gain knowledge into why they were made,what makes them and their creators tick,and most importantly you have nothing to lose by doing so and only will learn from them.
Compare them to the ones shipped with Lightwave,use them them inconjunction with Lightwaves,and whynot....they are free.

Remi
02-11-2003, 11:56 PM
I have to many to list....I love them all....some give me some problems but I can always work around it.....and whoever says using plugins is cheating can bite me...:thumbsup:

Zarathustra
02-12-2003, 12:54 AM
There's no cheating in art. :arteest:

rickycox
02-12-2003, 01:10 AM
Thickener
Poz Extender
Edge Tools
C Plane
Centre_AddP
Half Kill
Incremental Savers
Quicksave
Quicksaw
surfaceSplit

some of the ones I'm using

rickycox
02-12-2003, 01:17 AM
Hey Remi, yeah there's no cheating in art, just do whatever you need to get the job done. If that means stinging feathers up your butt then I say go for it man.

There's that old saying "Are you looking out the window? or at the glass?"

mbaldwin
02-12-2003, 04:28 AM
Daz3d.com has some great modeling plugs. They're in my hall-of-fame, next to the plug-ins from DStorm and Fujio. If you haven't checked out

Segment Scale
Point Normal Move
Edge Bevel

you need to! And while the zip files on their site are for Windows plugs, they also have compiled Mac versions for OSX--If you e-mail them, they'll send them to you.

my workflow is much faster if I can model in the perspective view as much as possible. All 3 developers mentioned above have great tools to do this.

CIM
02-12-2003, 05:55 AM
You'll find all my scripts here:

http://vwdesign.hypermart.net/Downloads/

Chewey
02-12-2003, 06:51 AM
Macroform.

UserDelta
02-12-2003, 07:34 AM
polysew :) i just downloaded that tonight. that would be the bridge/tunnel tool for modeler, shoulda got that one sooner.

AnimaLMotheR
02-12-2003, 09:02 AM
I use these:

Edgetool
Normal Move and Normal Rotate
Thickener
RemoveX and RemoveXMirror
cm_PolyDivide, cm_PolyFanSubdive and cm_PolySubdivide
FI's_Wrinkle
FI's_OEXtender
PolySew
UV Imaginator

Knock yourself out. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.